Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for several days following my outstanding FJ Summit#6 experience I have noticed some very distinct rattling noises from beneath my faithful steed.

After finally separating my lazy derrière from the sofa, covering up in my "Buzz-Off" clothing, and coating my exposed areas with a solid layer of DEET (we are experiencing a level of epidemic proportions of West Nile Virus here), I began to investigate.

I went to my trusted tool box (not even close to Antman quality) and fetched my rubber mallet. I "gently" began whacking on some areas, bumper, sliders etc, each time replicating the sounds I hear while under way. After lowering my slight frame (NOT) down under the vehicle, I continued my whacking. All of a sudden from the corner of my eye, I spotted some movement. Looking in the direction of the movement seen with keen peripheral vision, I gave it one more whack! Much to my chagrin I recognized the beautiful color or Colorado granite in one of the vent slots of my skids! Pleased with the simplicity of this "Repair", I retreated to my back yard lair for a celebratory adult beverage.

NOTE: Check for rocks in your skids!

That is all for tonight!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sheesh... in 3 places!?!?! you were REALLY copy-paste happy yesterday :)

Although its nice to hear that "is a hammer really the right tool to fix that with?" was actually right for a change. :)

Okki

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want full exposure!!

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
That was a easy fix....Hope that beverage was very cold!:cheers:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like you guys down south, we got some heat outside but good hvac and coolers inside!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts