Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a strange switch on the left side of the steering wheel next to the clutch start switch. Below is the picture

when I flip the switch, the following icons light up on my dash.

could anyone tell me exactly why it does this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You don't need diff hack to make it work, just flip the switch and you can spin your tires.

To get the lights to go off you need to flip the switch back and then turn off then on the FJ
hhmmm, interesting, I'll have to play around with this mod

·
Registered
107 Posts
It just shuts off the whole Traction control system including VSC BUT the ABS will still work. I did this mod to my 2008 and I have had to use it in deep snow or I would have been been seriously stuck! the traction control system is way to intrusive in certain conditions and if you ever find yourself in a position that you need to be on the gas...like climbing a slippery hill, deep snow, etc., you will find this mod very useful :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It just shuts off the whole Traction control system including VSC BUT the ABS will still work. I did this mod to my 2008 and I have had to use it in deep snow or I would have been been seriously stuck! the traction control system is way to intrusive in certain conditions and if you ever find yourself in a position that you need to be on the gas...like climbing a slippery hill, deep snow, etc., you will find this mod very useful :)
Thanks. Will find this very useful lately since we've been having this snow.
:smile

1 - 13 of 13 Posts