Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a set of interco trxus 33,12.5,17
Mounted them on my stock rims, and they would not balance , so out of options for the moment I put them back on my truck , 2007 FJ, ran it down the highway up to 70 and no shake or shimmy whatsoever, anyone have any idea what the heck is going on , not complaining just very confused, theoretically this is not possible, all weights have been removed , I ran them on the balancing machine and it would not balance, needed 10 ozs on one side and 15 on the other then after adding that it said it needed more , so I gave up and now just wondering what the heck,.
I put a toytec 3'' lift on with the tires.
Any ideas?
This is strange...
Thanks in advance for all who have input.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
The Swampers can be difficult to balance. I use Dynabeads on my LTBs. 15oz is nothing for Interco tires...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Just a shot in the dark here:

Thinking this has to do with force to mass ratios...

Those tires are pretty heavy right? So, it makes sense in my head that an imbalance of a given force would be less obvious when a tire is heavier. In other words, an imbalance that requires 10oz. of weight to correct on stock wheels/tires would be far less obvious compared to the same imbalance on a heavy aftermarket wheel/tire setup.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that perhaps the larger centripetal force of the Interco tires helps to balance out the tangential acceleration of the tire's heavy spots (felt as vibration). Realize I may not be using the correct terminology here...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts