Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy my first FJ.

I've been looking for some time and looking at aftermarket lifts and suspensions.

I have not seen a system like this can anyone give me feedback, will other struts work?

View attachment 1119356

·
Premium Member
11,919 Posts
What Iconic said - top mount for a front coilover. All the front coilovers have a mount that is similar, some are less pronounced. From the look I would say it is an older Walker Evans.
The fitting is the nitrogen fill port.

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
What Iconic said - top mount for a front coilover. All the front coilovers have a mount that is similar, some are less pronounced. From the look I would say it is an older Walker Evans.
The fitting is the nitrogen fill port.
Nailed it. Walker Evans 2.0's. I did a quick search but couldn't figure out the brand yesterday.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. Sorry I got side tracked. The FJ was at a dealer and I bought it. Its seemed to be in really good shape only 130000 miles, factory trd cold air, trd exhaust. It had a cracked windshield, they said it happened when they were cleaning it somehow and they were going to replace it. Its in another state so they were supposed to deliver it today but the sales lady said yesterday when they were putting it in they tightened it too much and the new one broke. I know they get broke kinda easy being so flat but that 2 windshields and I haven't taken delivery. Hummmmm.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
DO make sure they install it properly however you can. They need to replace the clips that hold the side cowl panels on near the bottom corners as well as new top trim and clips. If not you are going to lose them on the freeway (maybe / likely)

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Safelite just did mine. The first one they received broke during shipping or while sitting in their shop. The second install went fine and they replaced the top roof panel above the windshield because the clips usually break. If the top trim doesn't look new I would be skeptical of a good install.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nailed it. Walker Evans 2.0's. I did a quick search but couldn't figure out the brand yesterday.

Any idea the nitrogen pressure these need to be set at.

·
Premium Member
11,919 Posts
I would reach out to the service dept at Walker Evans - they will give you the right info.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Around 120-150 PSI but yeah I would contact Walker Evans.
I did and the said they usually set it at 200psi but you could lower it to 150. I already have all the nitrogen setup from doing dirt bike shocks. The vehicle seemed to be rocking and pitching to the point I knew something was not right. I didn't have time to get the wheels off the ground but checked them anyway. They all had about 50psi or less in them. I put the front at 150 and rear at 100 till I can get the wheels off the ground and get them set. That calmed it down slot and made it ride slot better. I don't know if the leaked down or if someone didn't know what they were doing messed with them. If you try and use a air gauge to check the pressure you are going to loose at least have of your charge. It's still has the stock stance back slightly higher than the front. I seen on with the front slightly higher than the back and really liked the way it looked. Not sure what route I want to go to get it level to slighter higher in the front.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts