Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any good reception shorty/stubby antennas for Toyota FJ'S? Needing to replace the boot and thought about ordering a 13 inch or Less antenna at the same time. Almost everything I've seen, w a stubby antenna you lose almost all reception. Anyone??

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have this one from PureFJ. Price was right to take a chance and was ordering other stuff too so shipping wasn't a factor.
Looks better I.M.O. Did notice some loss, but more on the FM side. I live in a rural area 2 hrs South of Chicago and 40-50 miles from most of the stations I listen to.
Listen more to AM while commuting during the week and FM on weekends. Most of my driving is during the daytime hrs. Like I said, the FM loss is more noticeable to me. Especially as I drive around businesses or places with security systems??? Banks, Wal-Marts, etc. I get more interference and static. Radio still works ok and I get the channels I listen to most so I keep the shorty on for esthetic purposes. I have the longer whip antenna in the garage and would probably put it back on if traveling to an even more remote area. Takes 2 min to switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts