Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i got stuck in some soft mud and i have to leave it until the morning where someone can pull me out. Its only about 3/4 up my tires and the deepest point. will there be any damage done by leaving it overnight?

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
depends on if water got into your diffs or not.

Only real way is to check.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
May wanna add some recovery equipment to your mod list. Another reason not to go wheeling by yourself. May also consider FJNewb's SCUBA mod as well, cheap insurance! Good luck with it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah im confident no one will get it because it is a private property not a public trail. what happens if water gets in my differentials and how high up are they

no i do not have the scuba mod

yes it is watery mud

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
For peace of mind, just change the diff fluids. It's probably ok unless your diff was really hot when you left it.

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
hey i got stuck in some soft mud and i have to leave it until the morning where someone can pull me out. Its only about 3/4 up my tires and the deepest point. will there be any damage done by leaving it overnight?
Have you ever thought about updating your profile to include your city and state? You just never know....someone on the forum might have been available to pull you out a lot sooner! :wave:

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
the scuba mod it a cheap investment for the peace of mind when things like this happen. when you get your fj home change the diff fluid and look into doing the scuba mod there are some great write up's here on the forums on how to do it :cheers:

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Have you ever thought about updating your profile to include your city and state? You just never know....someone on the forum might have been available to pull you out a lot sooner! :wave:
Or at least gone looking a their 2nd FJ. :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts
Your front diff is probably o.k., the vent for it is fairly high in the engine compartment, but the rear diff vent is only 19 inches above the pavement.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
96 Posts
Or at least gone looking a their 2nd FJ. :lol:
I am a few miles a way, but I already have that color. :cheers:

I get the bumper and winch in August so staying in the shallow end for now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you get this message before you pull it out - have a look under the truck. If the rear axle pumpkin is under mud or water then you MIGHT have sucked in some of the water/mud in which case not a good idea to drive home. If you can see the axle is not under mud and water you will be fine and you have no need to change the diff oil.

In case you dont know, on the axle is a breather that allows the pressure in the axle from heat build up, to escape. When this breather goes under water or into mud it is possible to suck liquids in to the axle. This can be nasty for a number of reasons so this is why people were asking if you had done the scuba mod which is a tube that relocates the breather to a higher location away from water etc.

Good luck and let us know how you got on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dude! Call me if you ever get stuck, this is adam alex's friend. Seriously, 50ft cable, snatch block, come along, 2 25ft tow straps and 25ft of chain. I can get you out ;) pm me or fb msg me your number and ill send you a text. Seriously call any time day our night ( everybody else does lol). Im assuming you were at the met? Whered you get stuck?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Greetings Addictronics.... Does everyone in this area have a grey FJ?

Dude! Call me if you ever get stuck, this is adam alex's friend. Seriously, 50ft cable, snatch block, come along, 2 25ft tow straps and 25ft of chain. I can get you out ;) pm me or fb msg me your number and ill send you a text. Seriously call any time day our night ( everybody else does lol). Im assuming you were at the met? Whered you get stuck?

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Greetings Addictronics.... Does everyone in this area have a grey FJ?
hello! hah, no i mostly see blue and black ones actually.

Good to know another fj in the area is on the forums :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts