Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm leaving out sometime Sat morning. Hopefully early, but I'd rather be rested to start.

I checked with one group, but I think they were going too aggressive in their drive stretches.

I'm the only one in my area, and my copilot had to bail (not by choice) :mecry:

So, I'm used to driving alone, traveling for work, so it's all good :cheers:

I'll be on the CB and see if I happen to run into any groups :lol:

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Get a couple of good audio books. They can make a trip fly by.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I'm leaving out sometime Sat morning. Hopefully early, but I'd rather be rested to start.

I checked with one group, but I think they were going too aggressive in their drive stretches.

I'm the only one in my area, and my copilot had to bail (not by choice) :mecry:

So, I'm used to driving alone, traveling for work, so it's all good :cheers:

I'll be on the CB and see if I happen to run into any groups :lol:
Be careful Bud!! It's amazing what a 30 minute power nap will do for you.
You sound very responsible, you'll do fine. Just pull over when you start to feel drowsy. Take it from me....

I was 22, working 45 hours a week. Carrying 13 credit hours at the campus, chasing (not catching too many) chicks every chance I got. I just got done working 9 hours in a cold meat packing plant. I was beat. I stepped outside, it was in the 90's. I jumped on my new Honda XR 500R. It was 4pm. I got on the freeway, was staying up with traffic and all of a sudden fell asleep. I drifted off the right side and onto the shoulder. I woke up in a hurry and rode that bike like Ricky Carmichael on crack.

I managed to keep her up and come to a stop. Trust me, that underwear wasn't worth saving.

Moral of the story, yes I knew I was tired, but I had no idea I was that tired.

Be careful and have fun at Summit you lucky Barstard!!:smile

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

My step-sister-in-law owns one of those telephone boxes on the highway from Cali to Vegas from falling asleep, clean took that box out.

Hey PDX, I always thought after you receive blow, you get all tired and relaxed, and then she ...... :rofl:

Is that one in North Texas still open? You know, the one Bert Reynolds had a movie in :lol:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
If you don't have a "Concealed Carry" permit that is true, but if you do it is not!
Check here for reciprocity states if you have a permit...

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

BTW - If your on an Interstate, rest areas are good places to spend the night.
I strongly second this. Since you are on interstate travel, and the state you are travelling to allows guns, you are legally allowed to transport an unloaded firearm through all of the states along the way (even if they don't allow guns). But if you plan on having a loaded gun, you better check each state you are passing through's reciprocity with your state. Also, some states actually have absurd laws that require you to tell a cop that you have a gun in the car if you are pulled over and you can get in a lot of legal trouble if you don't. Stay safe out there. Seen too many news stories lately of good people going to jail for a long time simply because they were ignorant of the states laws they were travelling through.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts