Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all . So I bought my 2007 black FJ about 5 months ago , pre-modded ... mechanicly that is ...

-285 17" tires
-black rims
-cb radio
-3" lift
-afe cold air intake
-skid plates
-arb bullbar
-Kc lights

So i got it tinted all around then ,
[/IMG]

II placed a 4"strip white decal on the side skirts with custom lettering

bought this white led strip placed it as interior lighting

I have the stock SUB
one day I was cruisin around I got an idea

so I bought 2 Sony DVC XPLOD 400w RMS SUBS 120$ each (I know I got ripped off)

1 cheap SONY amp (but really powerful)

1 2 farad cap

1 line output to rca converter

18 mm MDF WOOD
did it all by myself here's some pictures used white glue and like an inch long screws on all the components

grind the poking screws

and here we are :)

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
where'd you find those LED's? Are you gonna take the stock sub out now? Is that another amp on the driver's side of the box? I think that's all the questions I have... Nice looking box by the way!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello sppedrye

I'm sorry I didn't make a more detailed descriptopn (well I was in a hurry last night)

These are 1watt each high intensity l.e.ds that I got from a local light fictures store they're actually 110v\220v so the each one of is attached to this little tansformer that gives 4 volts,

I got a set of those first , cut the transformer out and connected them directly to 12v well they died on me :)

got another set 11$x4 44$ total , but these are really durable with lifetime waranty ,+ I got them wired to the 110v inverter in the back,

for the stock sub ,I'm not sure might rip it off and intall something else ,

and yeah I got lately another amp to power the second sub first I was giving 100W RMSx2 to 2 subs

Now it's 450W RMS to each sub at 8ohms

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
WOW that is a huge box. We had a kid killed by his bass box when he rear ended someone I hope you have it secured well so it doesn't fly all over if you roll your vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts