Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two 12" subs from my old car and i was wondering iff yall think i could get two seperate boxes for them and mount them sort of like they do in the trd fjs with the smaller sub?
thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
depends on what kind, of the amount of air space needed for them to work to full potential
A few months ago, I put in a 12" Infinity sub in my rear cargo area. I was going to buy a box but realized if I wanted it to hit HARD I would need something a little bigger, with more space inside. A big sub is fine, but if you dont have a lot of room in the box for it to work with, it's going to sound like garbage.

Sooo, my buddy and I went to Lowe's Harware, bought some pre-treated wood, bought some of that carpet material from Best Buy, some Gorilla Glue (it expands to fill in any holes air could escape from), and for about $50 build our own box.

It sounds awesome, but it takes up a good amount of room in the back. We wanted to mount it over the wheel well, but the box would have been TINY. It sits on the left side facing the other side of the FJ and sticks out about 8" or so. I put industrial strength velcro on the back of the box and on the side of the cargo area and that thing is STURDY. Hasnt moved a centimeter but easy to remove if I need to. It also created a little "cubby" area between the rear side window and the top of the box, where I keep my tool bag and a few other things. Sorry for the lousy pic but you get the idea.

2 12" subs would eliminate your rear cargo space IMO.

Let me know if you have any questions!!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts