Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The Kicker Hideaway, Kenwood DNX570HD Headunit, Kenwood Excelon KFC-X1710 speakers in the Doors..

I am still running the factory Dash, and factory roof speakers for filler. The dash will be replaced with (Not sure yet) and the roofs will be disconnected when I put another set of 6.5 inch(Likely Kenwood Excelon KFC-X1710) in the back seats.
Good Info - Thanks! This will be saomehitng I think about taking on later this year.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I think i am getting the Subthump enclosure. Its a good price.
I think it's a good choice depending on the speaker you choose. Definitely a good price. And I do like the way it looks more 'integrated' than other enclosures with the two-tone covering matching the FJ's interior colors. I would recommend a good speaker grill...

Regarding the JL Audio CS110LG-TW3 I posted earlier...

I have that exact box in my FJ. It fits almost perfectly and it sounds unbelievable

I have this in the vehicle below, sounds great
It fits just like I thought it would. Thank you VERY much for that input guys! :cheers:

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
This is what I run in my FJ. It is a JL 10" Subwoofer tied to a Kenwood DDX-470 with Hertz Speakers in the 10" in the doors, 4" mids in the dash and 3" tweeters in the rear pylons. I have 2 subs, one for the subwoofer and one for the speakers. The are JL also.
you need those tweeters up front brother with the mids, not in the back

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This is what I run in my FJ. It is a JL 10" Subwoofer tied to a Kenwood DDX-470 with Hertz Speakers in the 10" in the doors, 4" mids in the dash and 3" tweeters in the rear pylons. I have 2 subs, one for the subwoofer and one for the speakers. The are JL also.
How were you able to get 4inch in the dash?

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
How were you able to get 4inch in the dash?
There is a how to on the forum about it. Mine was done at Aspen Sound in Boise, they said it was really easy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think it's a good choice depending on the speaker you choose. Definitely a good price. And I do like the way it looks more 'integrated' than other enclosures with the two-tone covering matching the FJ's interior colors. I would recommend a good speaker grill...

What sub do you guys think is ideal for this box I have always ran jl audio but I'm not about to kick out $749.00 when this box clearly looks like an oem fit.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
What sub do you guys think is ideal for this box I have always ran jl audio but I'm not about to kick out $749.00 when this box clearly looks like an oem fit.
Subthump says the box is .55cuft with a mounting depth of 4.75" - FJ Cruiser Stealth Subwoofer Enclosure

I'd look for a compatible sub based on that info, and any good quality driver with a sealed enclosure rating within 10% (.50 to .60cuft) of that .55cuft volume should work okay with a little stuffing added at the upper range of that. Be sure to leave about an inch of breathing room at the back of the sub for the pole venting from the center of the magnet. Since they offer the box for either an 8in or 10in Subwoofer it will probably be easier to find an 8in sub that easily clears the back side of the box.

Oddly enough, the JL Audio 10TW3-D4 subwoofer from the enclosure I posted back on Page 1 looks like a great fit and it doesn't vent at the rear and you can get a grille for it. However, at $300 retail it is only $50 cheaper by itself than it is in JL's box.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Subthump says the box is .55cuft with a mounting depth of 4.75" - FJ Cruiser Stealth Subwoofer Enclosure

I'd look for a compatible sub based on that info, and any good quality driver with a sealed enclosure rating within 10% (.50 to .60cuft) of that .55cuft volume should work okay with a little stuffing added at the upper range of that. Be sure to leave about an inch of breathing room at the back of the sub for the pole venting from the center of the magnet. Since they offer the box for either an 8in or 10in Subwoofer it will probably be easier to find an 8in sub that easily clears the back side of the box.

Oddly enough, the JL Audio 10TW3-D4 subwoofer from the enclosure I posted back on Page 1 looks like a great fit and it doesn't vent at the rear and you can get a grille for it. However, at $300 retail it is only $50 cheaper by itself than it is in JL's box.
Thank's for the info I'm going to take the dive and get the w3-d4 found it on jls site for 249 and then 149 for the box 398 is a steal to me match it with a JL Audio JX500/1D for 145 i found on amazon. I think i I'm set.

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
That sounds like a great combo! It's like they were made for each other or something... :rolleyes::lol: (yes, sarcasm)

Take pictures and let us know how it all works out.

:cheers:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank's for the info I'm going to take the dive and get the w3-d4 found it on jls site for 249 and then 149 for the box 398 is a steal to me match it with a JL Audio JX500/1D for 145 i found on amazon. I think i I'm set.
A big heads up, JL does not honor warranties from non-authorized dealers, and the JX line is made in china. All of the HD series amps along with the much missed / series amps are the best bets from JL as per amplification. I am running a JL 450/4 V2 on my on my whole system (10in sub & speakers) and it sounds great.

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
A big heads up, JL does not honor warranties from non-authorized dealers, and the JX line is made in china. All of the HD series amps along with the much missed / series amps are the best bets from JL as per amplification. I am running a JL 450/4 V2 on my on my whole system (10in sub & speakers) and it sounds great.
they still make the Slash V3 but there not a good match with the sub his getting , the XD 300/1 is his best bet and is a very good amp

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
21 - 38 of 38 Posts