Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Don't yet have my FJ - still being delivered. But, one thing I noticed was the lack of "space filling" base. The sound I thought was talked up way too much. But of a let down actually. No, I'm not into blasting retarded techno beats at traffic lights but I do like that crisp loud sound for a favorite track once in a while.

Question: Has anyone upgraded their audio in an Aussie FJ spec yet. What did you do, what are the results? I like how the US spec has the optional Subby included and it fits nice and snug in the back RHS. Hoping to do the same thing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
is that just a speaker in a box, doesn't come with an amp or anything? if that is the case it won't work too well anyone got any idea a) how hard it would be for us to wire up and b) what amps to use, c) where they would be mounted and d) how much they cost.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*Bump*

Anyone upgraded the speakers yet? Any ideas, products, know how? This is one of the first things I will be doing. Surely others are thinking the same?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah I'm right with ya there Sussed can't wait to upgrade the sound system !!!

Rear speakers are complete rubbish, fronts are ok, hmmm where's my Alpine catalogue

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've fitted an Alpine IVA-W502 (Alpine Electronics of Australia) with touch screen, nav, bluetooth, etc. The sound is awesome even with the factory speakers. A lot of people are complaining of loss of volume after a head unit change, but I found the opposite.
I will be adding my two Alpine amps and my A/D/S 6" splits for the front and 2 Alpine 10" subs in the back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've fitted an Alpine IVA-W502 (Alpine Electronics of Australia) with touch screen, nav, bluetooth, etc. The sound is awesome even with the factory speakers. A lot of people are complaining of loss of volume after a head unit change, but I found the opposite.
I will be adding my two Alpine amps and my A/D/S 6" splits for the front and 2 Alpine 10" subs in the back.
Nice looking unit Fr3ddi3. So I'm a little confused here, I'm not a stereo guy at all (I just like it to sound great!)... Changing the head unit can adjust your sound quality alone?

How did you fit the Alpine twin subs in the back? Any special housing/box for that? What amp did you use and who fitted everything for you (or did you do it yourself?). Cheers in advance

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am fitting mine with an Alpine DVD, GPS, MP3 headunit coupled with a Boston Accoustics 450w Amp, Boston Accoustics G210 10" sub already in an enclosure and also Boston Accoustics Pro60 6.5" splits in the front. Had this setup except the head unit in my last car the sound is crystal clear with some nice bass. No doof!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes Alpine have a module that lets you retain the radio controls. No one has managed to get phone controls on RHS of steering wheel to work yet.

As far as volume and sound quality increases are concerned, I know Alpine make top quality products and I would never use any other head unit than Alpine. I have used Pioneer, Clarion, Kenwood, Sony, etc before, and none come close to Alpine (although I'm sure someone will want to disagree).

I haven't fitted my speakers or subs yet.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ah yes Soundstream, very good :bigthumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts