Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't get a sub woofer because i was told at dealer it could be added then after i bought the FJ I was told it couldn't be and that I needed to go third party. Has anyone done this at all is it worth it?

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
All FJ's are wired for the sub. Look in the For Sale forum. Members are always selling theirs. You can also find them on e-bay. But for what you will spend on the factory unit, if you really like bass in your music, you will be better served going aftermarket. :roller:

·
Registered
565 Posts
I personally think you are better off going completely aftermarket with your stereo and subwoofer (s), then again some guys have kept thefactory sub box and swapped out the speaker with a jl audio sub with good results. It depends on what you want though. Search using "factory subwoofer" and read what you find, decide what you are looking for, then when you know what that is exactly it will be easier for more people to give you a honest opinion. :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
there are 2 different forum supporters that offer sub setups or just the custom sub box for your components. This way, you use the factory wiring and aftermarket components and get far better quality.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I went with the linex box from fjcruiseraudio.com I had o buy an amp and it probly cost me more than buying the stock sub but the sound is better

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
before

after

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
can't forget these!

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I like being different! FJ=
freak'in jamm'in My own looks, my own sounds!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
WOW!!! That is set-up. I like the idea of the speakers on the back door. Do you have those capped off to mid-bass?

Cya

·
Registered
675 Posts
You can check out the link in my signature for the forum thread. It will show you the enclosures we have available.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts