Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im working on installing 2 12" JL 12w1v2 subs:

using the boss wiring kit off amazon :

and a kenwood amp: Kenwood KAC-7202 2-channel car amplifier 150 watts RMS x 2 at Crutchfield.com

my only question is what route to run from the battery to the back of the truck, as well as where specifically should i mount the amp for the most convenient wiring route? can i go straight down the center under the console? or am i going to need to run the wires behind the door panels.

thanks!

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I'm kinda wondering this too, except I'll be running 1/0 gauge back (not just for stereo). I think you can run 8-gauge under the door sill pretty easily if I recall. I just don't remember if there was enough room for my behemoth of a wire.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Personally I ran the wires through the firewall on the drivers side... to an amp under the passenger seat. Then ran wires to sub down the passenger side to the sub. I have seen it done a number of different ways on here.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I assume you're talking about the subwoofer switch? I tapped into mine at the stock subwoofer housing and used it as my amp's "turn-on" switch and it works wonderfully.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts