Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd tell you all that the amount of anti-Jeep chatter I heard made me miss my old YJ and TJ. Guess what I bought today...hehe. Pics to follow....soon.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Cant stand the anti-brand people. Ive driven, old broncos, land rovers, toyotas, and its everywhere. Im all about run what ya brung, hang out, and have fun. This hobby will be gone before long, might as well get along and enjoy it while we have it.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I have no issues with Jeepers..but they always seem to have something to say to me...to the point of fist fighting and almost guns drawn. I love all vehicles but I've seen more sticks up jeeper asses than any other group. So post up on the jeep forum to leave FJ's along :lol::lol::lol: JK

What did you get?:D

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have no issues with Jeepers..but they always seem to have something to say to me...to the point of fist fighting and almost guns drawn. I love all vehicles but I've seen more sticks up jeeper asses than any other group. So post up on the jeep forum to leave FJ's along :lol::lol::lol: JK

What did you get?:D
I am with Trailbus, post on a Jeep forum, you will get no love from me. I personally like alot of Jeeps. Half of the guys I wheel with have Jeeps. Most of the Jeep guys that I have ran into have the "Its a Jeep thing you dont understand" attitude. Most of them act like they are better than the Toyota guys and I am tired of it.
If you feel the need to buy an older Jeep and dump a bunch of money into it just to be outwheeled by the old straight axle Toyotas, go ahead. My best friend is doing just that. He is a diehard Jeep guy. He has almost as much money into his Jeep as I do into my rockcrawler and he isnt even close to being done. I think most of the Jeep parts are overpriced.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whoah whoah whoah...easy big fellers...I love me some FJ! Just wait...it was just that all the CB chatter about Jeeps got me to missing my old soft tops out in Ouray. I never said one was better than the other, I am not throwing out the FJ. I do think the rivalry is hilarious though. However, I loves me some Jeeps tooooo! This is now off topic...

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,388 Posts
There are plenty of attitudes driving all makes and models. Its not exclusive to Jeep owners, some would even argue there are FJC owners with attitudes...... :lol:

Sometimes we view our surroundings through rose colored glasses and see what we want to.......

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I'm not sure why people don't like each others vehicles. I'm not sure its even a dislike of the vehicles, as much as it is a dislike of what type of people are associated with the vehicle.

:soapbox:
I didn't get the lift put on my FJ in the last few months because I spent my free time fixing up my 91 Jeep XJ (Cherokee). It needed a new windshield, exhaust, some minor engine tweaks, and replacement rear leaf springs and Charge the A/C. I didn't have to work on the jeep since I have the FJ, but I enjoyed the project. It has over 145k miles on the inline 6 engine and it still runs great and I really like driving it. It's a bit unrefined compared to the FJ, but I think that's why I like it. I also has a huge following with the NAXJA (North American XJ association) and parts are easy to find, and there are countless upgrades. It is very easy to get Dana 40's or better front and rear, lots of gear choices and many people making suspension upgrades, it just makes for a great starter off road vehicle.

Here is mine...

And here is one on Rusty's Off-Road Web site. With an 8" long travel lift kit.

Like I said above that maybe there is just flack with the jeep people not over the Jeep, but over the other drivers and what they say. One car that I really don't like is the mitsubishi eclipse. Not because it is a bad car, but because I see too many running around college campuses with young girls driving them. When you ask what kind of car they own, you get the reply... "I have a white car, that goes really fast".. Can you quantify the speed of the car? " It Goes REALLY FAST!".. UGH.. Makes me just hate the car, not for the car, but because of the people that drive them.

So maybe we don't really dislike Jeeps, we just dislike the people that say Jeeps are better than everything else with out having tested out each vehicle to it fullest extent.

I bought my FJ because I grew up with a 1977 FJ 40 and spent many hours in it/ working on it with my father. Mostly nostalgic I guess, but I bought it because it was the closest thing that I could get to what my dad owned. Now that I own the FJ, I really enjoy the other people that own FJ's. Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but it's nice to see that most of the people driving FJ are over 30. And that most of them have families and keep a prettty normal life, they like to have fun, but not much "Hold my beer and watch this" goes on with the other FJ'ers.
So It just pisses me off to see the half drunk college kids driving around at night with no doors or top, noisy tires, stereo blasting, glass pack exhaust, lifted jeep that mom and dad bought for them to go college in so they look cool. It just make me really want to hate them damn Jeep drivers.!

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Cant stand the anti-brand people. Ive driven, old broncos, land rovers, toyotas, and its everywhere. Im all about run what ya brung, hang out, and have fun. This hobby will be gone before long, might as well get along and enjoy it while we have it.
Same here.
For some reason, more so than any other brand owners i've seen, even than jeeps, Land Rover owners (not all but a very large percentage) are more stuckup, and think there is nothing better in the world than a Land Rover, especially that a stock Rover on street tires can beat modded rigs with up to 33's 35's. If you go onto Expedition Portal, there is a few of these guys with one particularly in mind.

·
Registered
676 Posts

Just a funny, I used to drive a Jeep until the shifter broke off in my hand and it leaked oil from day one, the cup holder broke on day two, and the power windows broke on day three. I still don't make it a habit to bash them.

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,388 Posts
Miata2k, there are kids like that driving FJ's too. :worried: I even heard about one doing donuts in the street at the summit......

Its simple math to me. What type of vehicle to you see most of on the trails? I have always seen a lot more Jeeps. Maybe its just where I wheel.....

Your going to see the same percentage of owners/drivers who are jerks but more of them because of the numbers. There are the same percentage of other vehicle owners/drivers who are jerks but less of that type of vehicle, so it appears to be less jerks.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Well we all know what FJ really stands for right?....:rofl: I don't care what you drive, as long as your chill and just out to have some fun. That said, I don't think you could pay me to drive a Jeep, especially as a daily driver.:cheers:

·
Registered
934 Posts
no problem with jeeps at all. After all they are better offroad stock....
Oh man I can't believe you said that! LOL
I for one have a97 TJ with 3 inch OME and 1 2007 FJ with a 3 inch OME lift and the FJ will kick the jeeps butt all day long. Now I think if you put a Rubicon up against an FJ it might have a slight advantage but I ahve to laugh when guys talk trash and they have a jeep without lockers and think they will follow me. It just won't happen. For the record also I am a jeep guy at heart but the JK just did not meet my needs as a daily driver. Here are the
4x4s I have owned, and the FJ and the Grand Cherokee are the best stock wheelers I have owned.

1984 Toyota P/U
1988 Bronco II (sucked)
1992 wrangler
1994 Grand Cherokee (sold with 197,000 miles)
1981 CJ7 (sold to buy TJ)
1997 Jeep TJ
2007 FJ

·
Registered
148 Posts
I like Jeeps a lot, but my last experience with Chrysler has really turned me off them. Long story short: I bought a JK in 2007, it spent as much time in the shop in 6 months as it did with me driving it. Chrysler wasn't receptive to my complaints as a customer and lost my business. I got the FJ and haven't looked back.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I'm all for some friendly banter between Jeepers, Land Rover guys, Toyotas or whatever, as long as its all in good spirit and we all help each other out on the trail when someone is in trouble. There's going to be a few bad apples in every bunch and I'm not gonna let that get me down. I used to drive a Jeep and a 1992 Ford Ranger and always liked all of them.

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts

Just a funny, I used to drive a Jeep until the shifter broke off in my hand and it leaked oil from day one, the cup holder broke on day two, and the power windows broke on day three. I still don't make it a habit to bash them.
I heart you ohhh so much:heart:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts