Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will take a case of bottled water and freeze half of them then pack them in with the food. They act the same as ice cubes but the best part is as the water melts you get a nice cold drink

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just be careful not to sleep near where you keep the dry ice. dry ice gas will displace oxygen. Could be harmful..

·
Desert Moderator
6,077 Posts
Frozen water bottles are hard to beat for an over nighter.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
ditto on the 'dry ice displaces oxygen' theory. I got some with a turkey once and fooled around in the apartment with it for a while. Carbon dioxide is heavier than air. That was the first time my ex pondered why she picked me out.

I freeze water in milk jugs. smaller water bottles would probably work better.

·
Registered
465 Posts
ditto on the 'dry ice displaces oxygen' theory. I got some with a turkey once and fooled around in the apartment with it for a while. Carbon dioxide is heavier than air. That was the first time my ex pondered why she picked me out.

I freeze water in milk jugs. smaller water bottles would probably work better.
well, I don't sleep in the FJ with the cooler with doors and windows closed - that would be 'helladumb', to reference Eric Cartman. The cooler is on the bumper rack or the roof or the ground when parked. No bears in and around Texas...

But if you left the door ajar, the CO2 would just pour out the bottom of the door. it's a LOT heavier than air. I use it a lot when fitting steel parts together in a slip-fit. Machine two cylinders you wish to join to the matching dimension; heat one up with a torch and pack the other in dry ice for an hour or so. Then slide the parts together - when the cool one heats up and the hot one cools down - voila! Instant no-weld joint. Use a rough finish on the slip fit and you cannot get them apart again...

It also is handy to do a chill and heat cycle on stuck parts - if you can get the dry ice on it and keep it there for 30 min - just takes tongs and patience. Then pop a torch on it. This usually frees parts without a lot of fuss.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
I use a Canyon 35 QT. I also will freeze some of my water bottles. I can get 4-5 days in Arizona 100 plus degree temps. it is a very good cooler.
DSC_0720.JPG

DSC_0720 (2).JPG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts