Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I know this topic has been discussed to death but.....I Just bought a 2011 FJ at a great price. I’m buying Dick Cepeck 33’s tomorrow and looking for suggestions on brands/model numbers for a 2.5” (maybe 3?)lift.

I plan on using it as a daily driver that I take on trails here and there, Rooftop tent camping. Overlanding here and there.

thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I went the budget route (OME, 885, 895 springs) got close to 3" out of it and couldn't be happier. Installed it last August along with with SPC upper control arms and 285/70-17 BFG KO2's, daily drive it, have 12 or 15 days offroading and it's so much more capable now. Al
To see where we drive- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMIspHkYseZjgFvz96HkoJg
The videos are my son's work (I'm just the old fart/chief mechanic/truck owner who doesn't get any screen time ;) )- hope you enjoy and if you subscribe he'll be thrilled!

And PS- There's other stuff that's more than adequate as well; I'm just reporting on what I went with.
Have you read the suspension/lift buyers guide? The NEW Complete Lift Listing and Comparison...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went the budget route (OME, 885, 895 springs) got close to 3" out of it and couldn't be happier. Installed it last August along with with SPC upper control arms and 285/70-17 BFG KO2's, daily drive it, have 12 or 15 days offroading and it's so much more capable now. Al
The videos are my son's work (I'm just the old fart/chief mechanic/truck owner who doesn't get any screen time ;) )- hope you enjoy and if you subscribe he'll be thrilled!
Thanks!! I’ll take a look. I was thinking OME or Billstein.

·
Registered
2011 Army Green
64 Posts
I'm looking at the same thing.
I've been running the bilstein 5100's up front and stock shocks and coils in the back for about 4 years. Most of my off-roading is forest roads in North Georgia to get to camping or hiking spots. I just wanted to level it out. I've been really happy with the setup.
I'm about to pull the fronts and put them on the 4th notch and do the bilstein 1.5" coils out back with a set of 5100 shocks. I'm running 285/70/17 ko2's and just want a little more clearance. And I'm hoping to get a slight rake to the front end back also. Hoping to keep a relatively stock ride.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts