I missed seeing the request for volunteers on the "my details" page. I did receive the email from Ty requesting help and that's how I signed up for FJ store duty. Having a sign up sheet would have probably coaxed me into contributing a couple more hours to stuffing bags or whatever else was needed. I arrive in Ouray on the 19th so I had time to share.I agree. They did have a section in the 'My Details' area on the official FJ Summit website that asked for volunteers. Also, they did send out an e-mail message with this specific list of needs more than a week before the Summit...
We need help with:
Selling gear at the FJ Store
Running the Raffle
Stuffing Bags before the Summit
Still, having a web page (or thread on the forum) detailing the specific duties they need help with would be great. That way, people that want to help can check out what kinds of opportunities are available, and track what's been taken (if that info was included on said page).
The workshops were great. Offroad 101 and Recovery 101 seemed well attended and were helpful. I didn't attend the HAM discussion but heard from others that it was equally helpful.
Here's some ideas for other possible workshops/activities.
1. CB tuning - as suggested by someone else. This was sorely needed in my opinion
2. Have a pre-summit vendor sale allowing people to buy (and pay for) gear that the vendors would bring to Ouray and install. I know the install aspect of this poses some issues (space, time, equipment, etc.) but with guaranteed sales ahead of the event the vendors would be able to plan appropriately and make some $$. Win-win.
3. Wilderness survival basics
4. First Aid basics (maybe have the American Red Cross facilitate for donations?)
5. Building a Survival Kit - based on the book by John McCann "Build the perfect survival kit". Maybe the author would present?
6. Tour the OMRT and FD facilities - another possible channel for donations
Again, great job by the organizers. I look forward to many more Summits. :cheers: