Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up this little trailer not to long ago. Dimensions are a tad smaller then the M416. I plan on stiffening up the frame, oem 16x7.5 FJ Cruiser wheels and an upper frame rack for a RTT.

Trailer total length ( hitch to taillights) - ~133in.
Width outside to outside of wheels- ~58in.
Waterproof lockable box- 68in long x 39in wide x 23in deep.
Front storage platform is 39in wide by 16in

Attachments

·
Registered
944 Posts
interesting.
is it tough enough to mount a RTT on to?
and you'll prob add a rack of some sort to gain height on the RTT.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm going to make a rack above the box. Something similar to this.. definitely need to stiffen the frame up.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I bought a Morris Mule that has very similar dimensions and set it up with a RTT as you describe. I have been very pleased with it and believe that you will enjoy yours for camping.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's been awhile since buying the trailer...

I've had the trailer for alittle over a year now. I initially had a smittybilt rtt on it but was looking at other options. I finally made a decision. After a few months debating with myself on an overlanding teardrop trailer I just couldn’t justify the cost and how often I’d be using it. Since it’s just the dog and I and I/we don’t need anything fancy and I don’t require a full kitchenette when a Brat on a stick over a fire will do the job I decided to go back to my original plan with my suitcase trailer. Before moving away from the NY state tax raping I sold my Rtt and awning. I ordered another Smittybilt RTT from 4WP’s. I plan on getting the angle iron frame stiffened up with square stock, stronger hinges on the box, lifting assist shocks for the lid, a 2in receiver for a bike rack and 5 to 6 lug adapters (already have) so I can mount the OEM 16in FJ Cruiser wheels. Good times coming!! Oh, and flag mount so I can fly my pirate flag!

Attachments

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Looks great, nice and light. I need to get my trailer build going.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they sent me the correct tent this time!! The last tent, some 10yr.old in china put the wrong tent in the box. turned in to a huge fiasco dealing directly with Smittybilt to get the correct tent.

Attachments

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got it mounted. a bit ass backwards though. i'll have to take the tent back off when I put stronger hinges on and lifting assist shocks. till then, empty box but ready to sleep in!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Ny Nomad, sharp little rig would be perfect for my 90lb German Shepherd and I, provided he didn't kick too much in his sleep?

Not sure if you bought basic and added on, or what? Could you break down brands and models of items and costs, too, if you don't mind?

Thanks!

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ny Nomad, sharp little rig would be perfect for my 90lb German Shepherd and I, provided he didn't kick too much in his sleep?

Not sure if you bought basic and added on, or what? Could you break down brands and models of items and costs, too, if you don't mind?

Thanks!
Smittybilt rtt from 4Wheel Parts. I bought the trailer as was/is. only things I've done so far are change the tongue jack and load bars from Amazon

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i got one awning on. Rhino rack Batwing. I don't know if I want to put a single side or another 270 on next. I am planning on buying tapered walls and the Rhino rack tent that zips on to the Batwing awning. (sorry if the pictures are huge)

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i got one awning on. Rhino rack Batwing. I don't know if I want to put a single side or another 270 on next. I am planning on buying tapered walls and the Rhino rack tent that zips on to the Batwing awning. (sorry if the pictures are huge)

^ this idea isn't going to work. So I'll be going with the Rhino Rack Sunseeker 8ft single side Awning and for the "guest bedroom" / secondary ground tent, the Rhino Rack Tagalong tent that can zip directly to the awnings. Awning walls are still on the list

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts