Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summit Group 1: Saturday Registration, Sunday-Tuesday trail runs, Wednesday group photo.

Summit Group 2: Wednesday Registration, Thursday-Saturday trail runs, Sunday group photo.

This way you can double attendance without changing the venue. The vendors see twice as many potential customers, Ouray gets double the revenue.

And two raffles :rocker:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I second this as well! Sounds like a pretttty good idea :)

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
interesting idea. will require more work on directors to make it happen the first time....but upon first blush it could work.

although group photo could be tough on a weekday even at 6am.

or find a new venue.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
I like the idea because it would give me a higher chance of attending. I would imagine a number of us would step up to help the organizers in any way possible. Not sure if Ouray would welcome it.

I helped organize a larger national event for about a decade. It ran about 10 days long each year. The locals tired of us long before it was over even though they made a lot of money.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Summit Group 1: Saturday Registration, Sunday-Tuesday trail runs, Wednesday group photo.

Summit Group 2: Wednesday Registration, Thursday-Saturday trail runs, Sunday group photo.

This way you can double attendance without changing the venue. The vendors see twice as many potential customers, Ouray gets double the revenue.

And two raffles :rocker:
Good idea James. I like it but I'm not so sure Woodsman and Co. would want the extra work or time commitment. Dunno :|

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Great idea James

People will need to step up to help do the work and lead the trails. Maybe people working Summit #1 get to attend Summit #2 at a discounted price and visa versa. I could be there for both and I am ready to start doing more to help out.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,357 Posts
Awesome!! Maybe I'll actually get a chance to buy a ticket!!... But if Summit 1'ers get a discount for #2 I'll just plan on kissing those changes goodbye since more than 1/2 will probably stay for the whole show.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Interested on your thoughts of where such a thing may be held, PM so we don't bother the thread. :grin
There is an out of print book covering the most common 4x4 trails in BC . . . most of which are in the Whistler, Vancouver, Hope area. I have a copy but not close at hand at the moment. Being so far "up in the corner" this would amount to a BC Summit or Northwest Summit but I think someone beat you to it. A friend on mine in one of the Vancouver 4x4 clubs is working on the details.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts