Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have quite a few volunteer Trail Leader spots still open for Summit 13. We depend on these selfless individuals to lead everyone on the trail runs and help get new attendees started off on the right foot. If you are interested in leading a run that you are already on you can log on and hit the "volunteer to lead trails" button. If you are willing to lead a trail that you aren't signed up for you can just message us and we'll switch you over. An email to me [email protected] is the best way

Although we hand out trail guides, we do ask that volunteer leaders have experience on the trail they wish to lead as well as the ability and confidence to meet with their groups before the run and go over some basics. Trail leaders need to attend a trail leader meeting either Tuesday or Wednesday evening and, as usual, leaders each get a sweet Summit 13 Trail Leader door magnet, a t-shirt and a trail leader gift. There are many groups going out on preruns between Saturday and Wednesday so you have an opportunity to check out the trail before you lead it.

UPDATE 7/10/19

Hey everyone ? It's getting close to go time and we have a bunch of trails still without leaders. If anyone is willing to take another, that'd be excellent.

FYI, this year is going to be interesting. Be prepared as some trails could be out-n-back instead of loops and if a trail is totally closed we may substitute others which we are currently researching. It's sounding like the dozers, warm weather and rain may have more open by Summit time.

Here's the list.
Thursday Trail Run Time
Alpine Loop (Engineer and Cinnamon Passes) 7:30 AM
Black Bear Pass to Ophir Pass 7:00 AM
Northern Gulches 6:45 AM
Southern Gulches 6:45 AM
Southern Gulches 7:45 AM

Friday Trail Run
Alpine Loop (Engineer and Cinnamon Passes) 6:30 AM
Alpine Loop (Engineer and Cinnamon Passes) 7:00 AM
Northern Gulches 7:45 AM
Poughkeepsie Gulch 7:20 AM
Poughkeepsie Gulch 8:20 AM
Southern Gulches 6:45 AM
Sydney Basin 7:00 AM

Saturday Trail Run
Alpine Loop (Engineer and Cinnamon Passes) 7:30 AM
Black Bear Pass to Ophir Pass 7:30 AM
California Pass and Corkscrew Gulch 7:40 AM
California Pass and Corkscrew Gulch 8:40 AM
Northern Gulches 7:45 AM
Stony Pass to Kite Lake 6:30 AM
Stony Pass to Kite Lake 9:30 AM
Sydney Basin 9:30 AM

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I am signed up for Sydney Basin Thursday 9:30 which is on your list. I have not done the trail before but could pre-run it as I will be arriving Monday.

I am experienced at leading as I have lead many trail runs in Moab, but this is my first Summit. If you think this would work I am interested in leading.

I also sent you an email BTW.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am signed up for Sydney Basin Thursday 9:30 which is on your list. I have not done the trail before but could pre-run it as I will be arriving Monday.

I am experienced at leading as I have lead many trail runs in Moab, but this is my first Summit. If you think this would work I am interested in leading.

I also sent you an email BTW.
Looks like someone slipped in and snagged that one.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
That's fine, I am cool with relaxing and enjoying the scenery :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
James, I'm on the California/Corkscrew at 8:40 Trail on Thursday but if you still need a leader for the California/Corkscrew Photo Trail at 9:40 AM for the same day you can switch me. I tried doing it but the website wouldn't let me. John Silva (FJhawkdriver)

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
James, I'm on the California/Corkscrew at 8:40 Trail on Thursday but if you still need a leader for the California/Corkscrew Photo Trail at 9:40 AM for the same day you can switch me. I tried doing it but the website wouldn't let me. John Silva (FJhawkdriver)
Thanks John. I made the switch for you. See you there !

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still have lots of trails requiring leaders. If you have an open day, or two or three please let me know and I'll set you up with something.

As you may have guessed, this year is going to be interesting to say the least. Trail runs will be reconfigured as necessary the week of Summit and we are looking at other possible trail routes.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
revised again 7/10/19

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
James, you can swap my Friday a.m. Black Bear, and I will lead the Southern Gulches 6:45 AM run.

I have not run it, but dont imagine its too difficult to run.
I will not likely be able to pre-run the trail, as we are not getting into town until mid-afternoon wednesday.

(Hopefully I will have my CB radio working before the event!)

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
James, if you still need trail Leaders, I am willing to switch my trails around and lead a few.

Here is my Trail Times.

I've attended 3 Summits and lead Black Bear in 2015, but this is my first time back since 2015 so I'm a little rusty on the trail routes.

I can lead whatever helps you out the most. I've driven just about all of the trails at one point or another over the last 3 Summits.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts