Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
Umm... reading comprehension never hurts... they said they would post the numbers TWO weeks ago. I did not spring this on them the day after Xmas. And I have always said they did a great job. (lol, the whole thread was only 10 posts..., ADD?)

If you raised a large amount for charity, why would you wait 6 months to post it? If they are doing this for profit, I don't care, I'll still pay and go to it. Just LET US KNOW.

Savvyav, read the whole thread, not ragging, just wanted info.
WOW, um just pointed out AFTER READING and comprehending the entire message (no pictures to help, mind you) that being holidays, SOME folks are busy more than just the day of Xmas....but thanks for waiting till the day after, I'm sure there is plenty of time now! :indifferent:

So..you got MODED!!! HA! Take that!!!!

lol thank you! that was nice to hear. The FJ is big - my head will still fit!
Whatever, suck up

:)

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts
Jason
You guys rocked last year and the most everyone agrees. Those who don't really don't need to come back. There always have to be a few who needle at every opportunity. Keep up the good work. We all have your back
I think this thread should be closed. PM's would be the way this should be handled.

nuff said
Don

·
Registered
377 Posts
why do you think this thread should be closed? 5280fj is only wondering what happen with all charity money. who benefited? no big deal. by waiting 6 months looks like you are hiding something.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Tim and I will post numbers this weekend
This comment may be making some ears perk up. I appreciate all the hard work Jason, and I know it was a lot.

BTW, this was over two weeks ago.

who benefited? no big deal. by waiting 6 months looks like you are hiding something.
This may be one topic where you may want to under-promise and over-deliver. :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
I don't see any bashing of the summit or the organizers, we were all told that the money raised from the raffle was going to charity, so whats wrong with asking how much went to charity?

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
nothing is wrong with asking where it went...........guh. the tone just wasn't cool.

next year we're doing this differently. money will be presented at the dinner, end of story.

anyway - here is what I know of charity money -

500 to chamber of commerce of Ouray
1K to Ouray Police Dept
2K to Ouray Mtn Rescue
500?? to Tread Lightly

I'll ask Tim if there is more or if there are adjustments.

We still have money in the bank for this year's event.

And just so you know - we cut it REALLY tight with expenses, etc. Remember the admission fee (not much), and the raffle monies weren't huge at all (we hope to sell more this year).

This year's event will give us an opportunity to give more to charities. A first year event is just getting us started - second year will give us some extra I hope. The difference comes from raffle tickets - keep that in mind while you are there.

Let me know of any questions. Thanks

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
That's some good $ to the locals. I am lucky to have gone to Ouray 4 times last year. I always spend a few bucks there. And I've met some of the rescue folks during training on working with our helicopter. Top notch people!

I know this year will be even better.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Jason,

I know the Ouray groups appreciate the donations!!!

Thanks for sharing!

I'm confident this coming year's Summit will surpass last years!

Will July ever get here??????

cheers,

dale

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Good Job - Summit Team :bigthumb:

OK Summit 2008 attendee's remember to
Buy more raffle tickets, adult and kids.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
ha nice! Great picture. I believe that was the first time I met Mike (Shadow Warrior). Makayla helped us out a lot - she was a trooper!
Yeh, it was!...Thanks for posting Terry, I never saw that pic before. :)

It was great meeting you Jason that day. :)

Terry, Makayla and the other "Helpers" did and outstanding job at the Summit last year. :)

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
all of you(fj summit team)did a fantastic job on last years event and i;m looking forward to this years event!!!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
well looks like the guy from bean town dont count them. I'm glad because I never felt that I was had. I went had a great time met many great people and got more than my moneys worth while there in Ouray. now if gas continues to go up as I think we all know it will. it may mean the end of my plans to go to Summit 08.
personally I think this can wait till the 08 summit and show what was given how much was rasied in 08 and where in the he11 the next summit will be.
hope yall have a great year of wheeling.
Fred

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Had a great time at the Summit last year, but was wondering:

Supposedly money from the raffle and entry fees were going to different Ouray groups. I think mentioned was Ouray Mtn Rescue and the Police Dept. However I have never seen posted how much was donated. Could the kind people that donated so much of their time to setting this up, also step up and tell us what was donated and to who? Or was this strictly a commercial enterprise? NO problem either way, just have not seen anything posted at all.

Thanks...

(From the 2007 event) 990-EZ filed 7/14/2008 with the IRS for FJSUMMIT.ORG INC

Revenues: $31,358
Expenses:
Travel: $3775
Insurance: $2477
Other Event Expense: $8373
Office: $499

Printing, Pubs, Postage $1939

Co-Directors expense accounts:
$1200
$1200
$1375

Charitable Contributions:

Ouray Police Fund: $1000
Ouray Mountain Rescue: $1000
Total to charity $2000

Net assets or fund balance: $6703

why do you think this thread should be closed? 5280fj is only wondering what happen with all charity money. who benefited? no big deal. by waiting 6 months looks like you are hiding something.

For the 2008 Event (from the 990-EZ):
Revenues: $74,762

Expenses:
Travel: $7073
Insurance: $2186
Event Entertainment: $1775
Office Supplies: $501
Food and Beverage $23636
Signage $540
Trail Guides $2402
Misc. $500

Co-Directors Salaries:
$6000
$6000
$6000

Charitable Contributions:
Ouray Police Fund $1000
Tread Lightly $750
Ouray Mountian Rescue $1000
Ouray Fire Department $500

Total to charity: $3250
Net Assets or fund balance: $16,038

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
These numbers appear correct.

FJ Summit is a not for profit corporation that contributes to Charities. FJ Summit is not classified as a Charity since most of the funds are used for event expenses directly for the participants. In 2007 the CoDirectors were legally reimbursed for travel and event expenses. In 2008 the CoDirectors were additionally compensated and additional funds (15K) were held in reserve for next years event. In 2009 the Directors were not compensated but were reimbursed for travel expenses. and residual funds (we squeaked by with less than 5K) were held in reserve for next year.

Regarding contributing to various organization, we are not permitted to contribute to any organization that has lobbyists. Hence we have not contributed to Tread Lightly this year but have contributed and support Colorado's "STAY the Trail" organization. I believe the Blue Ribbon Coalition also is a lobbying organization. Maybe somebody could research this and clarify. We would be happy to contribute if they are not.

The tax return information is public and can be published here.Thanks Rover for your good information.

Any questions may be directed toward me via email or in person. [email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Off the top of my head, 2009 to date this year we have contributed:

1000. Ouray Police Fund
500. Ouray Fire Fund
1000. Ouray Mtn Rescue
500. Stay the Trail
1500. Ouray high School Scholarships

·
Registered
936 Posts
:clap: I think you guys did a very good job and felt I got my moneys worth, the catered dinners were very good by the way. The donations were definately appriecated by the locals and generated alot of good will for the summit. I'am about 99.9 percent sure the BRC is alobbyist group, It would be great if there was a group that fights for land use protection that we could donate to, maybe the save telico guys just a thought. Doug

·
fka fatbrat40
2,489 Posts
RoverGGM thanks for the great post good info
t2cruiser...thank you and the rest of the summit team for all your hard work
surly everyone understands that you guys should have your travel expense paid and some kind of compensation for putting the summit together. there is a lot of personnel time put into this event. plus the time at the summit.
your guys rock for all of your hard work :rocker:

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
surely everyone understands that you guys should have your travel expense paid and some kind of compensation for putting the summit together. there is a lot of personnel time put into this event. plus the time at the summit.
You're welcome. The tax filings are public record and I thought folks would like to know the facts (according to the IRS)

I may seem like a stickler for details, but the following quote was posted after the 2007 Summit. At the time, some forum members were requesting a disclosure as to where all the money went.

Tim and I will post numbers this weekend.

Money donated, a bit saved for next year, and zero in our pockets
Apparently things have changed a bit since then, to go from zero to $6000/yr for "volunteer" workers.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
surely everyone understands that you guys should have your travel expense paid and some kind of compensation for putting the summit together. there is a lot of personnel time put into this event. plus the time at the summit.
You're welcome. The tax filings are public record and I thought folks would like to know the facts (according to the IRS)

I may seem like a stickler for details, but the following quote was posted after the 2007 Summit (on December 14, 2007). At the time, some forum members were curious for a disclosure as to where all the money went.

Tim and I will post numbers this weekend.

Money donated, a bit saved for next year, and zero in our pockets
Apparently things have changed a bit since then, to go from zero to $6000/yr for "volunteer" workers.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts