Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Anybody else want to beat me up? I am traveling to a funeral for the next two days so won't be replying. Should give ya enough time to compose some more venom. :eek:

Thanks to all.:wave:

·
Registered
567 Posts
:boohoo:

Besides Joe and Chuck chimming in on this thread where has anyone beat you up? Can you really blame these two for saying something about that picture, I think I have heard the story from both of them 2 or 3 times now, they seem to keep slipping through the same crack too after talking to you.

What was actually asked by the original poster of this thread, anyone know?

Wasn't it, what was donated in 07? The answer we got from Bostonian was $4000, then the thread sank into the forum abyss, everyone seemed happy with the amount. Then Rover found the tax info and what was reported to the IRS was a $2000 difference. Up until now, has anyone said anything about it? NO!!!!!

500 to chamber of commerce of Ouray
1K to Ouray Police Dept
2K to Ouray Mtn Rescue
500?? to Tread Lightly
Charitable Contributions:
Ouray Police Fund: $1000
Ouray Mountain Rescue: $1000
Total to charity $2000
So who is beating you up????

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
FYI adjustments were made that year after my post *not by me* and not by group decision if memory serves correctly

I think it's important you all are seeing what you're seeing

·
Registered
567 Posts
FYI adjustments were made that year after my post *not by me* and not by group decision if memory serves correctly

I think it's important you all are seeing what you're seeing
Interesting, you made that post back on 01/04/08 which was roughly 7 months after the event. So what you're saying is the checks weren't cut for donations until sometime after that and what was told to you was incorrect?

Or are you saying the checks were cut and someone told you the amount which you posted on here and the reality was it was only $2000.

Either way looks like some integrity issues existed between the organizers, wow!

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Dunno - I'm working but will have to review. Either way it's my personal policy not to lie - ever.

Will review my thoughts and follow up

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
The books are correct. First year, we discussed joining the Chamber but since we bring enough commerce to Ouray, decided not to. This was a decision among CoDirectors (no matter what their memory serves) . 1000 to police, 1000 to mtn rescue ( not 2000, not sure where that came from), 500. to tread lightly was contributed later based on inputs on this forum and ended up on second year's books.

FJSummit.org, Inc. is a Not for Profit. Not a Charity. We contribute to Charities. Any statements calling it a "Charity" are incorrect. These terms were discussed nievely the first year due to inexperience.

It's my personal policy not to lie also. Ever.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
per the norm throughout this entire event, it looks like this has the potential to become a pissing match. I'm not here to do that.

However if you want my thoughts I am more than happy to share them with you - feel free to email me or pm me. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
per the norm throughout this entire event, it looks like this has the potential to become a pissing match.
It is sad that is seems to be that way. We should all be happy that money, regardless the specific amount, is being contributed to good causes. Those in charge of the event all three years have made sure money is donated, the event has been a success all three years and the community continues to welcome us back. Something must be going right. :)

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
It is sad that is seems to be that way. We should all be happy that money, regardless the specific amount, is being contributed to good causes. Those in charge of the event all three years have made sure money is donated, the event has been a success all three years and the community continues to welcome us back. Something must be going right. :)
X2 and thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm going to a concert next week. I will be sure to ask the road manager exactly where my ticket money is going. And maybe every other event that I ever pay to go to from now on. How many actually paid & came to this event because of where their money was going? I'd venture to say not many. Like most, we come for the experience & adventure. I would also venture to say that few of the people on this thread have ever put on any type of event besides a bbq in their back yard. Until you do, you have NO idea the time, effort & funding that it takes to put on any type of event. I on the othe hand do...& I say great job to all involved! Tim, Seth & Ty if you all put every dime into your own pocket, I would say well deserved compensation for many huge headaches that you & your families have endured in order to put on a great event for others!

·
Registered
160 Posts
This forum and the forum summit, is much like certain restaurants, if you like the service and the food enjoy it.

You will probably be much happier NOT poking around in the kitchen....
Does this look like a cat bone to you?

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
I'm going to a concert next week. I will be sure to ask the road manager exactly where my ticket money is going. And maybe every other event that I ever pay to go to from now on. How many actually paid & came to this event because of where their money was going? I'd venture to say not many. Like most, we come for the experience & adventure. I would also venture to say that few of the people on this thread have ever put on any type of event besides a bbq in their back yard. Until you do, you have NO idea the time, effort & funding that it takes to put on any type of event. I on the othe hand do...& I say great job to all involved! Tim, Seth & Ty if you all put every dime into your own pocket, I would say well deserved compensation for many huge headaches that you & your families have endured in order to put on a great event for others!
just a reminder that concerts are put on by for-profit ripoff artists like Ticketmaster. The Summit is a non-profit organization with original intent set up to benefit organizations to which we were contributing. apples to oranges

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
just a reminder that concerts are put on by for-profit ripoff artists like Ticketmaster. The Summit is a non-profit organization with original intent set up to benefit organizations to which we were contributing. apples to oranges
What would you know, you've never put on an event like this!!! Go back to yer BBQ! :lol::rofl::lol:

:worried:

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
What would you know, you've never put on an event like this!!! Go back to yer BBQ! :lol::rofl::lol:

:worried:
lol true -

cheeseburgers anyone?

·
Registered
37 Posts

Jason, thank you for you insight, however, I am quite knowledgable on how the concert industry works, and not all concerts are put on by for profit agencies. Believe me, we have been involved & offered our services, time & equipment to many "benefit" concerts & have never once asked to see tax documents afterwards to see how the money was divided up.
Also, I think that the statement that original intent of the Summit was to benefit other organizations rather than FJ owners & members of this forum is interesting. I certainly have not trailered audio equipment from Oklahoma to Ouray for the last 2 years in order to make sure that a child in Ouray receives a $500 scholarship. Maybe I was involved for the wrong reasons. If it were about charity to me, I would have saved my travel expenses & wrote a check to the local school in which my children are enrolled.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Jason, thank you for you insight, however, I am quite knowledgable on how the concert industry works, and not all concerts are put on by for profit agencies. Believe me, we have been involved & offered our services, time & equipment to many "benefit" concerts & have never once asked to see tax documents afterwards to see how the money was divided up.
Also, I think that the statement that original intent of the Summit was to benefit other organizations rather than FJ owners & members of this forum is interesting. I certainly have not trailered audio equipment from Oklahoma to Ouray for the last 2 years in order to make sure that a child in Ouray receives a $500 scholarship. Maybe I was involved for the wrong reasons. If it were about charity to me, I would have saved my travel expenses & wrote a check to the local school in which my children are enrolled.

the idea was a healthy mix - benefit FJ owners while contributing to the community that supported us. I'll leave it to everyone else to decide if they think that healthy mix is being achieved

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
Dragging the past and present Summit organizers through the mud over and over is getting quite ridiculous. I think far too many of the posters on this thread are splitting hairs. Can't you all just be happy that you aren't the one(s) faced with organizing this event every year ? Can't you all just be happy that we have a national event where we can get together, have a good time, meet good folks with the same interests (FJs), explore magnificent landscapes, and give something back to the community ?

PS, regardless whether the original intent was to benefit other organizations or not, it is necessary in order to ensure that we are welcomed in future years . . . and it is the right thing to do since we are almost taking over their great trail system for several days each summer.

:)

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Misty:

Nicely put.

I think I can speak for the FJSummit.org, and most of the attendees, about how much we appreciate your contribution to the event! Many may not realize the goodwill, hard work and personal expense you provide without asking for a thing. The REALLY professional sound system is a godsend!

Thanks again Misty! :cheers:

61 - 80 of 80 Posts