Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a registration for the 2010 FJ SUMMIT, or know any information about it. Id really like to plan a trip. Id also like to get the word out so that anyone who'd like to attend next year can meet up and covoy FJ style, cross country starting in Knoxville TN (Smokey Mountains).:thinkerg::rocker:

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry!, I thought i was in a different topic for discussion. WHOOPS!

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
We will be attending the 2010 Summit and will have our convey leaving from Nashville, TN. I'm not sure if we will do Moab before or after the Summit yet.

·
RIP Tim
885 Posts
Count me in I am 5 hours south in Macon Ga

We will be attending the 2010 Summit and will have our convey leaving from Nashville, TN. I'm not sure if we will do Moab before or after the Summit yet.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats great! Cant wait, just let me know and we will all go together.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I am making plans to go just need dates to confirm.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
YES! Already some interest :) We'll be there again next year, maybe for a few extra days as well. It was AWESOME this year ;)

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
we managed to pull off a whole week for this summit, best vacation ever!

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
If there is going to be a summit in 2010, I'd love to be there. We had a wonderful time this year and can't wait to do it again.

My only worry about the event is for the people that run the show. I know it must to very tiring to run an event like the summit. Just think of all of the time and planning that must be involved. 200 FJ's and families roll into town, now you must be prepared with food and lodging for everyone, setup vendors to support the even and plan runs for everyone with guides.

Then of course you must work with the city itself. Police, EMS and emergency crews are critical to an event like this. With about 500 extra people out on the mountains, one accident that could be a major crisis in itself! You would also have to have work with local vendors to get their support and the police to help route traffic just so we can take a picture! The more I think about it the more stressed I get.

I'd also like to think that I would help with the event, but I know my life is just too busy to dedicate to another cause. I also like to be a bit selfish and have fun at the event and not spend all day stressing over every little detail.

I'm sure that sometimes planning and running the Summit feels like a thankless job, and you wonder why you would ever do it again. So I'd just like to say off a bit THANK YOU to everyone that makes it happen, and let them know their work doesn't go unnoticed! Hopefully we will see you all again in 2010!

-Chuck

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm in for attending and sponsoring in 2010!!!!
:rocker::bigthumb:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm in also, my son and I had a great time and it was our first Summit! I thought it was well organized. We did a two week trip with some fly fishing and camping before and after Ouray. I got my first Greenback Cut (Colorado State Fish) on a dry fly at Lime Creek Sunday night! ..and a few brookies, we both got some trout thanks to Tony, the local Ouray police officer and all around great guy. Did 7 national parks and 3,000 miles, glad to be home to plan for the next trip! Later, Dave

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I'm in also, my son and I had a great time and it was our first Summit! I thought it was well organized. We did a two week trip with some fly fishing and camping before and after Ouray. I got my first Greenback Cut (Colorado State Fish) on a dry fly at Lime Creek Sunday night! ..and a few brookies, we both got some trout thanks to Tony, the local Ouray police officer and all around great guy. Did 7 national parks and 3,000 miles, glad to be home to plan for the next trip! Later, Dave
Packing fly rod right now:rocker:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Packing fly rod right now:rocker:
We are doing an FJ Fly Fishing trip Aug 21 - 23 for Golden Trout in the Eastern Sierra range in California, Monache Meadows, north of Kennedy Meadows off Hwy 395, south fork of the Kern River. 4x4 trail to get in, why don't you drive down and join us! TN is not that far. Call it a post Summit trip...or pre Summit 2010 trip? :rocker:

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
We are doing an FJ Fly Fishing trip Aug 21 - 23 for Golden Trout in the Eastern Sierra range in California, Monache Meadows, north of Kennedy Meadows off Hwy 395, south fork of the Kern River. 4x4 trail to get in, why don't you drive down and join us! TN is not that far. Call it a post Summit trip...or pre Summit 2010 trip? :rocker:
Thanks for the invite. We may have to hook up at Summit and put together a fly ride. Have a great trip!:clap:

1 - 20 of 92 Posts