Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I registered today and was only able to sign up for 3 trails although there are six or seven listed.

Are we limited to 3 trails for the Summit?

·
Registered
426 Posts
You will only get a trail leader on one trail a day. You can however go out and drive anything you want on your own, you also may be able to talk some like minded FJer into going along. For the most part the trails in the Ouray area are not to bad, my wife and I drive them alone all the time.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Trails are run in the morning so you can attend classes in the afternoon that some of the vendors put on or teaching classes to be better at what you do on the trails. More social events in the afternoon, but some run till the fall down.

Some do night runs on the trails or some run the streets/bars. Jason Domello is famous for his off roading on main street!!!!! Just do not take a night ride with Mad Dog!!!!! Tibaal still wets himself everytime he thinks about it.

·
Registered
7,575 Posts
Trails like Imogene or Black Bear take you into Telluride for lunch. Then back via Ophir Pass, or Last Dollar Road. So really two trails. Then as posted back to Ouray for classes, clean up at your room and get ready for dinner and drinks if you're into that. Just leave the FJ parked. We are in good with the locals, can't screw that up.

Also in the evenings the deer are walking thru town, fun to watch. Then Saturday evening a band and the prizes. There are now two micro breweries in town and a Bier Garten. Afternoon thunder storms etc. A good time.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Running earlier trails also frees up more time to take off on afternoon excursions.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
You would be hard pressed to do two trails in the daytime before the events happen at night. One year I did three trails all before 3pm, but I was putting up signs and I was going probably 45mph the whole time, and my tires touched the trail on occasion as well.

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
You wouldn't happen to be one of the guys on the trail that came upon Mad Dog and I that night we broke down in the middle of the trail? and I remember Mad Dog telling me a story of a guy that pissed his pants one time....who was that? lol

Trails are run in the morning so you can attend classes in the afternoon that some of the vendors put on or teaching classes to be better at what you do on the trails. More social events in the afternoon, but some run till the fall down.

Some do night runs on the trails or some run the streets/bars. Jason Domello is famous for his off roading on main street!!!!! Just do not take a night ride with Mad Dog!!!!! Tibaal still wets himself everytime he thinks about it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
There are usually a couple of "Informal" night runs that occur every year

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
No I was not out on that night, but Tibaal89 will tell you the whole story. Mad Dog scarred him to death, something about jumping down from the top of Engineer pass to the next switch back below. He was still in terror the next morning!!!!!

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
:rofl: That's some funny Chit.....I'm here to testify that you DO NOT want to ride with Mad Dog..... I had 8-10 drinks in me and I was still alittle skeered.

No I was not out on that night, but Tibaal89 will tell you the whole story. Mad Dog scarred him to death, something about jumping down from the top of Engineer pass to the next switch back below. He was still in terror the next morning!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts