Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after completing the 1200 miles trip each way to Summit, I took time to process the over 2400 photos I had amassed between my journey, Moab at the White Rim Trail, Summit and finally the ride home.

For those interested- here is the photos from the White Rim Trail from Canyonlands National Park in Moab, UT

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/en-route-completed-expeditions/342937-white-rim-trail-canyonlands-national-park.html

In the end I realized like many of you, I'd not been to Summit and had watched it slip by each year, hoping next year was the "one". So for many- the event is one of camaraderie, FJ's, modifications, wheeling beautiful vistas and food. I found the scenery and the people to be my main subject most of the time and wanted to share these with you.

Many have posted awesome shots of rigs climbing the "wall" on Poughkeepsie Gulch and shots from the top of Imogene Pass. Ive got a few of those too but wanted to share the other things many pass why being so excited to just be there or not miss their line on the obstacle in front of them.

To do this meant I was often a tail gunner in the runs to ensure no one was left behind, watch for rear traffic and savor in all the magic that is Colorado Rockies through my camera.

So in the end- I lost yet another Pitbull tire (on the ride home), lost my fender plastic to a deep culvert in Moab (opps- who needs a washer reservoir anyways…) and about 100 calories due to laughing alone :lol:

So sit back and enjoy why you already miss this place or why you need to come

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Great pics OC - thanks for posting them.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
You've got a great eye for the photos!
Makes me appreciate the area even more, since I haven't been there.
Lived in Denver back in 99-2000 and never got down to that area of CO.
I drove up to Steamboat, Aspen and Vail, never off road either :(
Thanks for sharing these!
oh and...
Where did you get those F Bomb stickers, they are a hoot!

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great pics OC - thanks for posting them.
Your welcome! and thanks :)

You've got a great eye for the photos!
Makes me appreciate the area even more, since I haven't been there.
Lived in Denver back in 99-2000 and never got down to that area of CO.
I drove up to Steamboat, Aspen and Vail, never off road either :(
Thanks for sharing these!
oh and...
Where did you get those F Bomb stickers, they are a hoot!
Its quite beautiful if you let you eyes wander- the stickers were off eBay I think.

wow!!! wow!!! wow!!! absolutely beautiful pics Alex!!! Thank you! this is great for those of us who can`t make the run from the east! Thank you!:rocker:

is that Baz posing with your Rig! hey Baz!!!:wave:
PR- yup thats Baz! Thanks on the photos. :)

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Great Photos!
Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
11,613 Posts
Great photos! Nice to see people pics.....now who are all the nice people?

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
Excellent photos OC ! Hope you make a return trip for more.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great Photos!
Thanks for sharing.

Great photos! Nice to see people pics.....now who are all the nice people?
I had the pleasure of taking "honeymoon" photos for Kat and Jason Hodges (kids too) on the top of Yankee Boy Basin. I was nervous since most of my photography dealt with dead trees…:lol:

Kevin and his wife were also there as well as their daughter were also on the YBB run.

The snappy dresser you see is the infamous Baz, who came all the way from Aussie land to share in the excitement

Excellent photos OC ! Hope you make a return trip for more.
Thanks Woodsman! It was great meeting you and you all did one hell of a great job throwing that shin dig! :bigthumb:

Wife loved the pictures so its a strong possibility I could return

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Another BIG thanks for posting and sharing. Mad Skills you have!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts