Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I must say You are very talented with a lens great pictures thank you so much..
Thanks Buddy. I need to get more talented with weights again as my body isn't what it used to be :lol: I found this out at altitude, lugging around camera equipment

Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

I love your style of picture taking, well done and looked like a lot of fun.
Thanks. I feel sometimes like my shots are getting too predictable so every once in awhile I get inspiration and that was having Kat look like she was being blown off the top of Hurricane Pass :lol:

Excellent pictures Alex!
Thanks Jess- I got the Sasquatch air freshener- I never new they smelled like pine :worried::lol:

Another BIG thanks for posting and sharing. Mad Skills you have!
Thanks- I'm no pro but striving to get better with each click of a shutter

Awesome photos!
Thanks again :)

Amazing Pics...thanks for sharing!
You and others did the lions share of the work at Summit- very appreciative. I just played with a shutter box so that next year- registration should be wrapped up in 10 minutes and sold out :lol:

I don't think I will ever get tired of looking at these…Thanks again :)
Welcome to the forum :)

Your 1st post Yea!! :clap::clap: Thanks for being such a good sport on the mountain pass - your famous now :D

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for taking us along with you on the FJ Summit. Awesome photos.
Thanks- i'll be hitting you all up for new shoes. my PB's arent holding the mustard anymore. :)

·
Banned
6,079 Posts
Thanks, Alex. Made my day. Absolutely beautiful; glad everyone was able to share that experience. Again, thanks for bringin' it home. :cheers:

·
Registered
32 Posts
WOW! You people had way too much fun. The American west is one of the most beautiful places on this planet and your pics have captured some of that magic. I've spent a little time over the years doing some exploring up and down both faces of the Rockies, most recently during an elk hunt last November near Gunnison, CO. There is always a longing in my heart to return. Had hoped to make it to the Summit this year but didn't feel like all was ready yet. Am planning an extended trip next year with the Summit being part of it. Can't wait to get back to Ouray and Telluride and Silverton and Durango and areas there about. And I must say:Your rig is looking bad azz! What do feed it? Chainsaws? Your photography is fantastic and I know what that involves as I do a fair bit of it myself. So can we see the other 2350 photos or are they still in process in Lightroom? I know that can be very time consuming. Remember when we loaded a roll of film and got to take 24 exposures? Now we rap them off like we're behind an Uzi. Thanks for taking the time and sharing those. Happy Trails!

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Alex,

You did it once again! Thanks for sharing your awesome photos!!!

I wish we'd have ran a trail or two together... Maybe next year!

cheers,

dale

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
You hit the nail on the head! Your photos help me see some of the beauty I knew I was missing while paying attention to the trail. I really, really love the waterfall pics! Thank you for putting so much time into this for us to enjoy! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Not bad for a light footed Marine! :lol:

Dude, I remember you and I talking cameras what seems not that long ago. Where you have progressed to from that conversation is amazing. You get it! You get that whole premise of doing something different, looking at the world from every angle. Keep it up, brother. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks, Alex. Made my day. Absolutely beautiful; glad everyone was able to share that experience. Again, thanks for bringin' it home. :cheers:
Thanks buddy- It was my pleasure :)

Let us know when you are ready.
WOW! You people had way too much fun. The American west is one of the most beautiful places on this planet and your pics have captured some of that magic. I've spent a little time over the years doing some exploring up and down both faces of the Rockies, most recently during an elk hunt last November near Gunnison, CO. There is always a longing in my heart to return. Had hoped to make it to the Summit this year but didn't feel like all was ready yet. Am planning an extended trip next year with the Summit being part of it. Can't wait to get back to Ouray and Telluride and Silverton and Durango and areas there about. And I must say:Your rig is looking bad azz! What do feed it? Chainsaws? Your photography is fantastic and I know what that involves as I do a fair bit of it myself. So can we see the other 2350 photos or are they still in process in Lightroom? I know that can be very time consuming. Remember when we loaded a roll of film and got to take 24 exposures? Now we rap them off like we're behind an Uzi. Thanks for taking the time and sharing those. Happy Trails!
Most of the others were repeats of the same but with different twists and angles. I'll go back through and see if any jump out at me. Thanks for the kind words. My rig has been a process since 2010 and hasnt stopped.- Next stop may be a SAS with 40" tires ;) Who knows ?

Very nice! Thx for sharing.
Thanks- Great meeting you!

Stunning shots, thanks for sharing!
Thank you :)

Alex,

You did it once again! Thanks for sharing your awesome photos!!!

I wish we'd have ran a trail or two together... Maybe next year!

cheers,

dale
Dale- nature makes it easy- the hard part is convincing the viewer that a 2D picture is worth going to see the 3D one. Thats my challenge. Glad you liked them. I hope to run some trails with you soon as well.

You hit the nail on the head! Your photos help me see some of the beauty I knew I was missing while paying attention to the trail. I really, really love the waterfall pics! Thank you for putting so much time into this for us to enjoy! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Tanya- I loved that waterfall shot and was surprised how it came out. No ND filter and that sun was piercing. I got lucky and was able to pull off a unique shot :) Thanks

Not bad for a light footed Marine! :lol:

Dude, I remember you and I talking cameras what seems not that long ago. Where you have progressed to from that conversation is amazing. You get it! You get that whole premise of doing something different, looking at the world from every angle. Keep it up, brother. :cheers:
Nick- I owe a lot to you and your teachings. I was an eager, unknowing guy who figured he had a penchant for a shutter box only a few years ago. Glad Ive made you proud. Its hard as Im my worst critic and with so many amazing photographers in the world- it keeps me striving. :bigthumb:

G'DAy Mate,
:rofl:
My wife has just gone nuts on me, for my great sense of style .... :rofl::rofl:
Suave n sophisticated ..... :rofl:
Thanks Mate.
Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

Baz- the key with your snappy dressing is that in your eyes- everything is blue… and thats all that matters. Kinda like that king who had an invisible cloak… :lol::rofl:

:cheers:

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks, Alex.
Great shots as usual.
Thanks! Thank you for being our trail leader- many of these shots were on our run :)

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
G'DAy Mate,
:rofl:
My wife has just gone nuts on me, for my great sense of style .... :rofl::rofl:
Suave n sophisticated ..... :rofl:
Thanks Mate.
Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:
Baz does get the best dressed award! :cheers: