Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Great pics! hey was that the Unibombers house?
:lol::lol:

No but it was for sale :)

Ted was no where to be found…maybe thats not good :lol::worried::lol:

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I think i'm getting sea sick :)

Never seen that feature before

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think i'm getting sea sick :)

Never seen that feature before
Yeah I can only watch it for a few seconds.

If you upload them to Google+ they have a feature called AutoAwesome that will automatically make panoramas or animated photos based on what you upload.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Yeah I can only watch it for a few seconds.

If you upload them to Google+ they have a feature called AutoAwesome that will automatically make panoramas or animated photos based on what you upload.
Cool- I can see that being useful; for a couple of picts taken that way in Moab and else where.

·
Registered
594 Posts
GREAT pics!!! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

Attachments

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Those photos are incredible! How long have you been shooting?
Canon, Nikon, Leica or what kind kind of camera/lenses are you using.
Just curious. When i see images like these I break out the Canon 7D with my Tameron lenses, but it ends up being an exercise in frustration.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
very beautiful pic!!!just got back from there.....AMAZING
Thanks. I rather enjoyed the area myself. Great for a photography junkie like me to wonder off and forget why I was actually there :lol:

Those photos are incredible! How long have you been shooting?
Canon, Nikon, Leica or what kind kind of camera/lenses are you using.
Just curious. When i see images like these I break out the Canon 7D with my Tameron lenses, but it ends up being an exercise in frustration.

I have been shooting seriously about a year but have been trying for about 2 1/2. My equipment is all Canon with the exception of my newest lens (because even the 50mm f/1.2 L couldnt hold a stick to it)- Sigma's newest 50mm f/1.4 ART lens-

For the shots you see here, all were shot with my Canon 1DX and either the 8-15mm f/4 L, 16-35mm f/2.8 L (awesome on FF) and 70-200mm f/2.8 IS L II.

The 7D takes amazing shots and has been a driving factor into Canon making the Mark II as many would consider a mini 1DX. The 7D still rivals and to many, still beats Nikons latest and it was released in 2009.

Most of my shots are focused on my composition at point of shooting and except for a few are all shot either in Aperture or Shutter Priority. The few are Manual when I want a certain effect. I shoot in RAW and then make magic in post processing with LightRoom 5. Well worth the $120 it costs. It makes average shots look almost professional.

If you liked those- check out these from a few days earlier at White Rim Canyons in Moab UT

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/en-route-completed-expeditions/342937-white-rim-trail-canyonlands-national-park.html

Old Cruser does an amazing job on his photos.

The Canon 7D does pretty good as well. Here is one of mine from this year of Como Lake:

Great shot! Thanks for the kudos :)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
When i looked at your work i was thinking that maybe you were a photog for a living. You have a gift for composing really nice shots. Only 2ys shooting, who would have known?

For me, I've used program setting more than the others, mainly when shooting shots of kids and family. When I'm attempting landscape I usually end up with TV, but occasionally AV for change in depth. When i shoot abstract geometry or pattern type images i lean toward TV and AV about the same. Manual hardly ever gets used.

Most of my shots are with my Tameron 28-75mm 2.8, so wildlife or most action doesn't up looking too good. I just cannot get close enough. If my FJ was not such an obsession I would have already purchase something like a 100-400mm. But in the end, you have to see the shots, and you see things i don't think I would even consider.

Seriously, really nice work!

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
When i looked at your work i was thinking that maybe you were a photog for a living. You have a gift for composing really nice shots. Only 2ys shooting, who would have known?

For me, I've used program setting more than the others, mainly when shooting shots of kids and family. When I'm attempting landscape I usually end up with TV, but occasionally AV for change in depth. When i shoot abstract geometry or pattern type images i lean toward TV and AV about the same. Manual hardly ever gets used.

Most of my shots are with my Tameron 28-75mm 2.8, so wildlife or most action doesn't up looking too good. I just cannot get close enough. If my FJ was not such an obsession I would have already purchase something like a 100-400mm. But in the end, you have to see the shots, and you see things i don't think I would even consider.

Seriously, really nice work!
Thanks. I try to find things most would walk by. Im still learning and love the process.

Critters need distance and then with long lenses comes the process of shooting with them. I got my 400/ 2.8 and with that it requires a very sturdy tripod (went with Carbon fiber to save on weight) and Gimbal head- both of which are more than what most would spend on a camera alone. Its the price of admission but the difference of a steady shot versus hand held is night and day especially when looking at birds. The downy feathers come out so clear when tripod mounted.

Landscapes are new to me but its a fun process to learn

Looks like a fun summit ;-) Wish I was there!
It was a blast! :grin

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
X3 and the Beer Garden.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Missed you at Moab too OC!