Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
sorry you broke down, but aint i great to know there are still good people out there who are willing to drop all to lend a hand!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Thanks Todd, for the great explanation of what happened to your rig, and the even better story of the camaraderie you experienced from our extended family. :bigthumb::cheers:

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
I am glad it worked out Todd !... I have only seen
one or two situations where someone did not offer
to help out when there were issues offroad... But
I am always amazed at the reaction of some folks
when you do help them out, even ones you do not
know at all, when they can't believe you are doing
it... To me it is a normal thing to help out anyone
when I can...

We are a GREAT community, and I always love to
read about and hear stories of this selflessness that
folks show toward one another, It is truly heart
warming... Thanks for the post Todd'...

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Great story Todd. I'm glad you got up at the raffle to thank everyone for everyone who won't get to read this thread.

Very funny account of the story too!

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Todd,

Your heartwarming speech at the raffle was wonderful and illustrated the great people we call our FJ family! Your post above truly illustrates the selflessness our fellow FJ'ers show when one of us is in need. Thanks for the speach and this great post!

We are all thankfull you and your family made it home safely and driving your FJ. :bigthumb:

Dom, you'd better hide, :scared: Uphill has guns!!! :bangin: :rofl:

cheers,

dale

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Todd, glad I could help out in a small way. A lifetime of playing Operation and Jinga have finally paid off.....Sweet!

Good news you made it home. I knew you drove you rig and I was concerned that other problems might occur along the way, glad they did not. Good to meet you face to face, bring that thing out to Texas some time would you, we would love to show you some Lone Star State wheeling.

·
Texican
8,572 Posts
Todd,

Facinating story, I will be checking my mount bolts this weekend and I'll reiterate what gsgmac above said, this time to all those involved in this disaster turned instant legend, head on down to Texas sometime, we'd love to show you around our great state.

·
Premium Member
12,309 Posts
Glad to see folks helped you get up and running again.

More importantly...........is the Nintendo up and running?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
sorry about the break-down, but glad you had so many people to help you out. i've read a few stories of other people having issues with the brackets you had troubles with...i think they said theirs were "disintegrating." anyways, you took a frustrating situation and turned it into a great and funny story...i kind of feel guilty for laughing while reading the story.:cheers:

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,388 Posts
Truely amazing story. However, I am not at all surprised by it. Over the last year on here I have developed a sense of true "esprit de corps" that is only matched from what I feel with my brothers and sisters in arms. We have a saying "For he today that sheds his blood with me shall forever be my brother" and after reading this story I feel this quote is appropriate.

Motana Tailgunner is a truely outstanding young citizen. His peers have alot to learn from him.

·
Premium Member
12,309 Posts
Truely amazing story. However, I am not at all surprised by it. Over the last year on here I have developed a sense of true "esprit de corps" that is only matched from what I feel with my brothers and sisters in arms. We have a saying "For he today that sheds his blood with me shall forever be my brother" and after reading this story I feel this quote is appropriate.

Motana Tailgunner is a truely outstanding young citizen. His peers have alot to learn from him.
Montana Tailgunner should be the next Member of the month, only fitting. Heck, I could learn a few thing from that young man.

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,388 Posts
Montana Tailgunner should be the next Member of the month, only fitting. Heck, I could learn a few thing from that young man.
I agree 100X over!

I cant think of anyone more fitting myself. I would gladly step down today as Member of the month for him to take my place.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts

I've been watching this saga develop since we started getting the trail reports and have been waiting for this final recap. A fine bunch indeed. Esprit de Corps truly sums it up.

If I meet a few of these folks in the future, it would indeed be my privilege.

I've also been reading this board and see the posts on occasion from the Montana TailGunner. Nice to see that kind of joie de vive. Reaffirms one's faith in the future of the planet knowing that there actually are young folks out there like this.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Well Todd ,After reading this story two things come to mind buddy.

A: I NOW know why I bought a two wheel drive!

B: YOU are one lucky S.O.B. 1:That Dom kept it under 65 Mph so you could make it back alive! 2: That you had all those guy's that know how to use a wrench around you.(Knowing how well you do!) AND the BIGGEST point of good luck was finding SOMEONE (in town no less)that could weld Aluminum! One of the HARDEST metals to weld!

You are one of the luckiest unlucky bastards I know of!:lol:

Glad to see you made it back on the road!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
As usual, Todd, great writeup. Your accounts are always informative and entertaining.

And, as we've come to expect from you, you turned lemons into lemonade..

This is what I personally got out of the story:

1. Need to purchase a waste oil container for offroad adventures, and,
2. hooray for 4x2's!

·
Registered
172 Posts
At the end of the day we did what we had to do to get A2A back on the road. That is what TTT and the people on this forum are about. Makes me proud to be a part of it all!!! We can only hope the next generation is a wise as Montana, I sure hope my kids will be. Great write up Todd!

"Thats not a 13mm socket Todd, its a wrench" :p
"Where do I put this" says Todd holding a tube of silicone.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts