Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what did you break? Scratch? Dent? Tear off?

I've got a leaky inner cv boot, my steering feels like its about to go out (started at the top of Black Bear Pass the second time around) and it looks like i have a DR coilover leaking a bit of oil. And get this.. I didn't do any baja wannabe driving either :lol:

Also, most likely pre-summit, but i think i have a blown rear OME shock (haven't looked at it yet). Coming home on the highway and the rear end starting to sway/bounce side to side ...

I gotta say, the repair bill will be damn worth it!:rocker: :D

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I think I am good except for some scratches on the ARB rear bumper from Poughkeepsie....although the repair bill would be much higher if Jim D did not throw his body between the side of my rig and a rock wall.

Someone has some pics of that I am sure.....

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Good idea on the thread: seems I've been reading about some rear diffs and CV's going out in all these summit threads.

On the bright side, it always amazes me on how cool/calm the owners are when this happens. Seems like they are thinking "Upgrade Opportunity"!

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
One good sized rock on the back-side of a hump on Corkscrew thumped my front Budbuilt hard and even tweeked it a bit. I'm glad I had a good rigid skid in place.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Picked up a few pinstripes, and loosened my All Pro sway bar links. But, otherwise Ol' Paint is still gallopin' (with a layer of dust coating the inside of the cab; gotta remember to put the winders up when gunnin' behind a bunch of wheelers on dusty roads)...

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
I think I am good except for some scratches on the ARB rear bumper from Poughkeepsie....although the repair bill would be much higher if Jim D did not throw his body between the side of my rig and a rock wall.

I looked, I had the wrong angle. I'm sure Ty got some good pics though. Hopefully Seth will let us know when he puts them up.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Minor pin striping, and with any luck, that's it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Suprized you didn't have to turn it around! :lol:

:lol:

I guess you could count the hour and a half that we lost, backing 3 FJ's a 1/4 mile down that narrow trail huh? at least lunch was good! Great meeting you Savvyav!

snow drift covered trail

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts

Like this? Great to finally meet you Graham - that was a fun run up Poughkeepsie...

·
Registered
820 Posts
We lost a limb riser not because of it failing on a limb, but because it came a little loose while we were doing the Alpine Loop....after being on the trail for 8 hours we were in such a rush to get back we didn't stop to tighten it....about 20 mins later I look over and I ask Josh wheres the limb riser? It must have fallen off and gotten ripped off by the tire or something because all we found was the mangled remains of a carabiner!

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We lost a limb riser not because of it failing on a limb, but because it came a little loose while we were doing the Alpine Loop....after being on the trail for 8 hours we were in such a rush to get back we didn't stop to tighten it....about 20 mins later I look over and I ask Josh wheres the limb riser? It must have fallen off and gotten ripped off by the tire or something because all we found was the mangled remains of a carabiner!
I was wondering what was up with your lone turnbuckle :

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Out on Alpine Loop and saw what I thought was a "fun" thing to do. The rig in front of us eased over to a snow bank and rubbed some snow onto the road behind them. Thought I would do the same, the only problem was that he had an aftermarket front bumper and I did not. I rubbed the black plastic thing above the wheel well on the snow. Not until the next morning when we opened the passenger door did I notice anything wrong. The door "snapped" open, telling me the door was rubbing on the front bumper. Not much but irritating and has to be fixed.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Bent my exhaust near the top of Imagine far enough forward to knock it off the tail pipe hanger. Sonic and Trailbus1 were super helpful in helping bend it back to get her tie wired up and not just dangling. We couldn't bend it enough to get it back on the hanger, but the rig is in the driveway w/the tie wire holding. Thanks guys. Just another example of helpfulness and teamwork from FJers.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts