Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was requested by many for my White Chili recepie last week so I figured I'd post it up instead of PM'ing all those who requested. If anyone else wants to share their recipies that would be awesome. All the Chili's were amazing!!

FunJunkies White Chili
2 LB great northern beans (the dry bag kind)
2 LB of your choice of white meat. I used chicken thighs but you can use aligator, iguana, frog or whatever your taste.
2 large white onions
3 tblsp olive oil
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp cumin seed
2 tsp oregano
3 cups pepper jack cheese cubed or shredded
1tsp of cayenne pepper powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp white pepper
2 cans of chopped green chilies, the 4.5 oz cans
10 or so yellow or white fresh chilies
3/4 cup sour cream
1 medium bulb of garlic, chopped(yes the whole bulb, not clove)
6 cups chicken broth (I think I got 1 cup from just draining the chicken after I cooked it, factor that in

clean sort then soak the beans about 8 hours with water about 2 inches of water covering them. drain and set off to the side

in a large saucepan throw in half of the garlic, the cumin SEEDS and all the meat and cook through until no more pink and let set off to the side.

In a large pot suitable for chili add the olive oil I prefer the darker stuff but some extra virgin will work. while that heats up, chop the onions in half then quarters and separate and throw into the pot and begin to simmer them until clear, dont fully carmalize them or you will loose the texture by the end of the recipie. I guess you could chop the onions real small but I like the big leaves style.
Add cumin powder, cayenne,cans of chili including the liquid,and the other half of the garlic bulb and sautee about 3 minutes. Drain off the meat fat and add the chicken broth until you measure 6 cups then add it to the mix, also add beans, meat, and chopped fresh chili's.
Bring to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer. cook down until the consistency thickens, anywhere from 2 to 5 hours depending how you like it. Be sure to stir often or you will get a burn on the bottom and it will bitter your chili.
Lastly add the rest of the ingredients, bring back up to a higher heat shortly to melt the cheese.
This chili has a mild start but after a couple spoonfuls the complex flavors start to emerge as well as a mild heat. If you prefer a Bang straight off the bat, add your favorite salsa. I make an aged pepper hot sauce type that goes well when spooned on top.

Enjoy and I hope others post up so i can play around with their recipies too.:cheers:
remember always eat chili with beer.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I was requested by many for my White Chili recepie last week so I figured I'd post it up instead of PM'ing all those who requested. If anyone else wants to share their recipies that would be awesome. All the Chili's were amazing!!

FunJunkies White Chili
2 LB great northern beans (the dry bag kind)
2 LB of your choice of white meat. I used chicken thighs but you can use aligator, iguana, frog or whatever your taste.
2 large white onions
3 tblsp olive oil
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp cumin seed
2 tsp oregano
3 cups pepper jack cheese cubed or shredded
1tsp of cayenne pepper powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp white pepper
2 cans of chopped green chilies, the 4.5 oz cans
10 or so yellow or white fresh chilies
3/4 cup sour cream
1 medium bulb of garlic, chopped(yes the whole bulb, not clove)
6 cups chicken broth (I think I got 1 cup from just draining the chicken after I cooked it, factor that in

clean sort then soak the beans about 8 hours with water about 2 inches of water covering them. drain and set off to the side

in a large saucepan throw in half of the garlic, the cumin SEEDS and all the meat and cook through until no more pink and let set off to the side.

In a large pot suitable for chili add the olive oil I prefer the darker stuff but some extra virgin will work. while that heats up, chop the onions in half then quarters and separate and throw into the pot and begin to simmer them until clear, dont fully carmalize them or you will loose the texture by the end of the recipie. I guess you could chop the onions real small but I like the big leaves style.
Add cumin powder, cayenne,cans of chili including the liquid,and the other half of the garlic bulb and sautee about 3 minutes. Drain off the meat fat and add the chicken broth until you measure 6 cups then add it to the mix, also add beans, meat, and chopped fresh chili's.
Bring to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer. cook down until the consistency thickens, anywhere from 2 to 5 hours depending how you like it. Be sure to stir often or you will get a burn on the bottom and it will bitter your chili.
Lastly add the rest of the ingredients, bring back up to a higher heat shortly to melt the cheese.
This chili has a mild start but after a couple spoonfuls the complex flavors start to emerge as well as a mild heat. If you prefer a Bang straight off the bat, add your favorite salsa. I make an aged pepper hot sauce type that goes well when spooned on top.

Enjoy and I hope others post up so i can play around with their recipies too.:cheers:
Dude that sounds awesome. Why don't you just whip up a batch and send it on the the B'ham for me. I will pay the shipping.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Thanks Funjunkie I was telling my wife about it.
But where o where will I find and iguana!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nobody else wants to share their recipie? It doesn't even have to be chili, how bout just some good old outdoorsy food. I like trying out peoples stuff then adding my own twist to it so post up you culinary crew.

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
I was requested by many for my White Chili recepie last week so I figured I'd post it up instead of PM'ing all those who requested. All the Chili's were amazing!!
Thanks Funjunkie I was telling my wife about it.
But where o where will I find and iguana!!!!!!
:lol: That's what I was thinking.
He teased us with iguana, horse, buffalo....I think the only thing you left out was the sheriff! :worried: You DID leave out the sheriff, didn't you?

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
I'd add in my recipe, but it centers on the smoked brisket. It would be stupid if I just said "add 15 pounds of smoked brisket".

I've already tried that joke somewhere else and it wasn't funny. I was asked "What's the recipe for that awesome pulled-pork barbecue sandwich you make?" I answered: "Barbecue a pork shoulder to perfection. Put it in a bun with some cole slaw and some of my apple cider barbecue sauce."

I thought it was funny at the time. Apparently it was only funny to me.

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
I'd add in my recipe, but it centers on the smoked brisket. It would be stupid if I just said "add 15 pounds of smoked brisket".

I've already tried that joke somewhere else and it wasn't funny. I was asked "What's the recipe for that awesome pulled-pork barbecue sandwich you make?" I answered: "Barbecue a pork shoulder to perfection. Put it in a bun with some cole slaw and some of my apple cider barbecue sauce."

I thought it was funny at the time. Apparently it was only funny to me.
Lucky for you, your day job pays ok. ;)

:lol:

M

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
Fortunately... I'm not "killing them" there, either. ;)
:lol: Nice, Jon.

So, I just found out that I can get 505 Sauce here at our local Henry's store. If you haven't tried this particular brand, get it. It IS different. Fresher taste. :facelick:

M

·
Registered
852 Posts
I was requested by many for my White Chili recepie last week so I figured I'd post it up instead of PM'ing all those who requested.
Oooooh, this sounds awesome, must try!!! Thanks for posting up!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts