Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love cooking, especially cooking and camping. I missed the Summit again and haven't heard any stories about the great food you all ate?

Excluding the awesome chili of course, who cooked up some amazing grub at the Summit or what restaurants were just awesome?

·
Registered
104 Posts
dood you sound like me I love to plan trips around good food I just found a mexican food place in helotus near san antonio and it was just out of this world. sorry no where near the summit but just thought I would post.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Brown Dog Pizza in Telluride was great... Worst service ever though. The waitress was beyond stoned.

There was this awesome burger place when entering the town from the north on your right hand side. It started with a G i think. had RED picnic tables outside. The food was AWESOME and CHEAP! Went there 3-4 times.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Camp CO Chef's ... you'll always find good food! otherwise... we just ate at the bagel place for breakfast..and the food at the event.. not bad considering it a buffet

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Baked in Telluride is always good food....I think the help are "baked" there also.

The Buen Tiempo in Ouray was great too, can't go wrong with Mexican food and Margaritas.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
The Buen Tiempo in Ouray was great too, can't go wrong with Mexican food and Margaritas.
Awesome chile rellenos too, and one thing I noticed about this place as well as most spots in Ouray, they had like a hundred kinds of hot sauce, even the bakery had a couple choices.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Baked in Telluride is always good food....I think the help are "baked" there also.
Maybe the high altitude enhances the local smoke. Bet you can buy some special brownies if you know the right baker!

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Awesome chile rellenos too, and one thing I noticed about this place as well as most spots in Ouray, they had like a hundred kinds of hot sauce, even the bakery had a couple choices.
Guess sometimes firewood ain't enough in the wintertime... :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Maybe the high altitude enhances the local smoke. Bet you can buy some special brownies if you know the right baker!
I'm pretty sure those were floating around too... I wouldn't dare touch those... ick!

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
There was this awesome burger place when entering the town from the north on your right hand side. It started with a G i think. had RED picnic tables outside. The food was AWESOME and CHEAP! Went there 3-4 times.
Goldbelt's - and they have an awesome green chile burger!

And the mexican place - really yummy carne asada......best I've had since we had a friend make it for us in San Diego....... :D

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Goldbelt's - and they have an awesome green chile burger!

And the mexican place - really yummy carne asada......best I've had since we had a friend make it for us in San Diego....... :D
Goldbelts!!

Best pulled-pork sandwich i've ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3-4 times and spent less than $20 :rocker:

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Goldbelts!!

Best pulled-pork sandwich i've ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3-4 times and spent less than $20 :rocker:
I'm going to try that next year, I had the green chili burger two or three times..........

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I brought my little weber travel gas grill and grilled up some hot and spicy venison sausage in the evenings. We even threw some to the big black bear that came up by the tiki bar Saturday night. If you missed it I will bring more next Summit.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sweet Times in Telluride was great. Cheesburger with a fried egg and a basket of Fring-a-ling-ding-dong.
Do I want to know? :lol:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to ask that question.
The Fring-a-ling-a-ding-dong is a basket of onion rings, regular fries, curly fries, and seasoned fries.

Whew! Sounds delicious!

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to ask that question.
The Fring-a-ling-a-ding-dong is a basket of onion rings, regular fries, curly fries, and seasoned fries.
I just gained 2 pounds reading that, but it sounds yummy!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts