Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
stock is fine for all the runs except poughkeepsie.

registration check in is wednesday and runs are thurs-sat. nothing happens on sunday except for the 6am group photo.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
they have 3 (i think) free GREAT meals included with registration, plus a goodie bag of "stuff" you get at registration.

Great scenery, good people and great trails – almost all trails are good for a stock FJ.

Best part (to me) is the drawing for "stuff". Lots of vendors show up with bumpers, tires, skid plates, lifts, shocks, roof racks … lots of stuff. Some of which they give away at the drawing (Saturday night I think). You can buy raffle tickets when you register on line and then by more at the run. they sell tickets every day.

There are also presentations – how to use a winch, how to get unstuck, how to stay safe off road etc.

Very well put together, very fun.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
As for the first part of your question, see this thread...
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/national-summit-discussion/159870-whats-agenda-schedule-fj-summit.html

Most will agree with Lmmmmm's comment about any/all trails but PG.
Clarification: Even PG can be done stock (I did), but it is the one trail out of the bunch that actually has a few obstacles that are more likely to result in damage in a stock configuration, and most people are better-off having skid plates, lift and better tires. Not to say that will always do the trick either, because you must also know how to properly and effectively operate the vehicle and have a good spotter :bigthumb:

It sort of comes down to your experience level with off-roading in rock-crawling situations in general, and your comfort level with trying new and unfamiliar things.

If you're on-the-fence, I suggest watching some of the videos of FJ Cruisers going up the 'Winch Wall' on Poughkeepsie Gulch (one of mine and then others on YouTube), to get an idea of what it's like. Not that you can ever get the full perspective of what an obstacle is like in a video, but it can help give you a sense of it to see the different lines people try, see people spotting, etc.

The good (best) part about the Summit is the fact that, with so many great folks all gathered in the same place, for the same reason, there's usually someone there to help if/when a lesser experienced member needs a little assistance. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Hey Racerchef, the Summit is amazing, whichever trails you run. And the views from the less challenging trails are still amazing. You'll meet tons of amazing folks, have an amazing time, and if you're a bit lucky at the raffle, walk away with an amazing prize or two. I went last year and had an amazing time. Did I mention that I think the Summit is pretty amazing? :bigthumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts