Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folow the link below to purchase a group photo from this year's event, framed by yours truly (hey if you look closely you may even have my fingerprints to cherish forever)

Thanks to thenookie for getting this up on the site....

FJSummit 2007 National Meet Group Photo

·
Registered
614 Posts
Boston- You're actually mentioning 3 different sizes. Are there 3 sizes or 2 only?
And, do you have a picture of the frame?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yes, yes, I know I'm going to get yelled at again, but here we go...

Question: So, I can't just get a print? I have to get it framed? I can get an 8x10 at Costco for $1.49. I doubt you are putting it in a $20 frame. Even so, where is the extra $30 going? You can't set it up so we can download the image and print it ourselves for like $5?? Even so, where does that money go? Is the photographer, Kristin Kritz, getting a share?

Just want to know.

Thanks...

(Flame on...)

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Summit funds for 2008 including all expenses, charity donations, etc.

no picture of the frame because I haven't picked one out yet. going to get orders, then print, then frame to be efficient.

don't worry about the frame - I have good taste :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

Summit funds for 2008 including all expenses, charity donations, etc.

no picture of the frame because I haven't picked one out yet. going to get orders, then print, then frame to be efficient.

don't worry about the frame - I have good taste :)
Bostonian,

Hey, I trust your tastes way more than mine. I'm sure it will be good.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you feel the price is too high, I am all ears as always.

This event has always been run with everyones' vote in mind, and this will be no different

I think it's a reasonable price - I looked up decent frames (I don't do walmart) and I found 17-22 as the average. Plus photo. Plus time. A need for a bit of profit. and you arrive at price.

Let me know if you feel differently. I think a big part of the Summit being such a complaint-free success was because we listened to everyone all along the way :)

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
i dont mind paying the amount right now. as long as the extra money goes back to the summit for the 2008 event then i am ok with it

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont mind paying the amount right now. as long as the extra money goes back to the summit for the 2008 event then i am ok with it
yeah it goes back into our Summit bank acct for next year - directly from paypal actually....

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
How long will they be avail. With the holidays coming up and not knowing about bonus, etc. you get the drift. We would definately like one. They turned out very nice.

Great job as usual. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How long will they be avail. With the holidays coming up and not knowing about bonus, etc. you get the drift. We would definately like one. They turned out very nice.

Great job as usual. Thanks
We're going to do a run of them with a deadline so that I can do it all in one batch - guess we should decide on that deadline, huh? :)

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Just ordered mine today (12x16), but still wish there was a frameless option. Chances are I'll wind up reframing it (a holdover from a former life as a professional custom framer).

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the thing is - I have to figure out a way to pack it frameless that it won't get bent.

any suggestions for packaging?

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
the thing is - I have to figure out a way to pack it frameless that it won't get bent.

any suggestions for packaging?
Put it in between pieces of hard cardboard maybe?

Or hand deliver..........

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
They also make tubes to ship. Tony works for FedEX. So any suggestions we might be able to help.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts