Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...can't decide whether to go this year...take a look at some pictures of last year's Summit and see if you can resist!

I uploaded 92 pictures, some of which are my truck, many of which are trail runs, and some are just miscellaneous local interest things like mining, etc.

Can you spot your truck in the album? Just copy and past the link into your browser and take a spin through last year's fun!

MobileMe Gallery

(hope the link works)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Long travel suspension for cruisin through the desert. He still didn't have the rubber boots, so he put towels around the openings to prevent dust from coming into the cabin!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Those pics are great. Makes me wanna go for sure. We'll have to see how it shakes out... I'd like to have my girl not bone stock before I went.

Thanks for sharing those man. :rocker:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, looking at the pictures you can tell there're are plenty of stock vehicles on the trails. If i were to recommend an order for mods, I would say:
1) CB
2) AT or MT rubber (if you're sporting the street tires)
3) Lift
4) Armor
5) Everything else...

This is highly subjective, but it's what I've found worked for me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny how you like all the "poser" pictures...Brian!

Glad you like the pics...somehow I ended up with a bunch of shots with your rig in it!

You planning on going this year? I decided not to haul the camper out this time and rent a cabin at the KOA...I'm almost as high class as you guys were last year!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Nice gallery! Thanks for posting! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nice pics. My wife and I have been looking at our pictures fromt he last two years and we are ready to hit the trails again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Glad you like the pics...somehow I ended up with a bunch of shots with your rig in it!
Odd. We found quite a few pictures of yours in our bunch. We need to coordinate on the trail runs and make that happen again.
:hippy:

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Great pics ! What kind of camera setup did you use ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, nothing like looking through the pix to get pumped for the next one!

I used two cameras...can't remember which pictures I took with which, but I used a Nikon D200 as my DSLR. The other one was a shock/water proof Olympus (the Stylus 1030SW).

The SLR was good for when I had the time to stop and shoot. The other one was good for snapshots, plus I got this great little suction cup mount that I used to stick the camera to various spots on the truck to take short videos. My favorite has still got to be sticking it to the skid plates and driving through a creek during SedonaFest.

This year I plan on bringing a small HD video camera to see if I can manage to catch anything cool!

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Thanks for posting these. You got some nice pics of my FJ/Group on the Black Bear Pass trail. :bigthumb:

All of this Summit talk is getting me excited to go again.

P.S. What kind of suction mount do you have. I got one but it does not hold the camera far enough away from the windshield to get a suction. Brian, I know I asked you while on Black Bear, but I forgot.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Trail Teams Special Edition FJ Cruiser
2,468 Posts
Thanks for posting these. You got some nice pics of my FJ/Group on the Black Bear Pass trail. :bigthumb:

All of this Summit talk is getting me excited to go again.

P.S. What kind of suction mount do you have. I got one but it does not hold the camera far enough away from the windshield to get a suction. Brian, I know I asked you while on Black Bear, but I forgot.

:cheers:
this is the one that I have. It was recommended to me. you can get an extension for it for larger cameras. It holds the FlipVideo just fine and point and shoot cameras.

Amazon.com: Panavise 809 Camera Window Suction-Cup Mount: Camera & Photo

·
Premium Member
171 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've got the same camera suction mount as Brian. Works great and even held on while submerged as I was crossing a creek.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts