Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read quite a few of the National Summit threads and have a couple of quick questions...How many attended...FJs or people?

Was there lots to do for those with stock FJs who have never participated in serious off-roading?

My wife and I are planning on a new 2008 and would love to attend this type of event.

Thanks for all the great info on these threads...Tom R :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
We have had 4x4s for years but never really offroaded. They had classes for newbies (thanks Steve) and the trail team also provided lots of info. We also went in convoys. Ours had stock tires and suspension with only a front skid and we had no problems.
Buy one, show up and don't worry.

·
Registered
750 Posts
That sounds like a good turnout. Maybe next year I'll come? Who knows? We need an East Coast Summit. Colorado is a long way from Bama. I wonder how many attend the Jeep Jamborees. I bet they have a huge turnout.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
:grinbiginvert: Tom,
Not too worry we are stock and had a great time. Did 2 different trails and had no problems. One thing we did do and this does help is air down our tires to about 22lbs each.

Go buy the new FJ - it is an addiction. :grinbiginvert:

Jackie

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Just to assure folks thinking about attending next year's Summit. The place is great (the town of Ouray went out of their way to make us feel comfortable), the trails are old mining trails and most can be negotiated by stock 4x4 FJ Cruisers, and most important the people who attended are friendly and helpful (I didn't meet anyone that had a less than superb attitude). Not only were the organizers (Tim, Jason, Seth, and Jeff) great, but Trail Teams was fantastic, and the vendors were helpful and there to have fun. FJ Summit 2007 was one of the best vacations I have ever had. People travel as singles, couples, and families and everyone respected everyone else.

See you there next year. Gee, I hope Ouray is big enough for everyone coming next year.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
yup
was totally stock, had a awesome time
was on the trails about 10hrs each day, didnt get to soooo many, i cant wait to go back!

i brought my 2 boys with me (9 and 5) they loved the hot springs too...

·
Registered
67 Posts
i am in kentucky and am seriously gonna try to make next years!!

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Just to assure folks thinking about attending next year's Summit. The place is great (the town of Ouray went out of their way to make us feel comfortable), the trails are old mining trails and most can be negotiated by stock 4x4 FJ Cruisers, and most important the people who attended are friendly and helpful (I didn't meet anyone that had a less than superb attitude). Not only were the organizers (Tim, Jason, Seth, and Jeff) great, but Trail Teams was fantastic, and the vendors were helpful and there to have fun. FJ Summit 2007 was one of the best vacations I have ever had. People travel as singles, couples, and families and everyone respected everyone else.

See you there next year. Gee, I hope Ouray is big enough for everyone coming next year.

Amen!

Ken even had wheels in the air!!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
The really cool thing about the Summit was that there was something for every level of driver, and every level of rigs (stock to modified). Everyone was friendly and helpful, even for newbies. We can't wait until next year.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ouray, Ouray, Ouray!

I bet the numbers will atleast double from last year. There were so many of us home drooling at all the fab pics. I've got our summer trip planned around Ouray, now I only need a FJ!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ouray, Ouray, Ouray!

I bet the numbers will atleast double from last year. There were so many of us home drooling at all the fab pics. I've got our summer trip planned around Ouray, now I only need a FJ!!!
Unfortunately, I don't think they will be allowed to double. I hope I am wrong, but I thought Ouray limited events to 200 vehicles. Jason?

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
You should definitely come to '08! It was LOTS and LOTS of fun!!! And there were plenty of people with no experience and stock trucks!!!! Ouray was filled with FJ love! :D

·
Registered
872 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't think they will be allowed to double. I hope I am wrong, but I thought Ouray limited events to 200 vehicles. Jason?
I believe the 200 number was an insurance thing with the event organizers. I thought there were more than 200 vehicles in the National Jeep event?

Again, Jason?

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
i am in kentucky and am seriously gonna try to make next years!!
I hope to be able to convoy with you and other nearbye Fjers next year.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
It is a joy to read this thread. I think we have about 400 spokespeople for Summit 2008!

Ouray welcomes as many vehicles as can come, we only have limits on trail group size. This worked out fine. Plenty of additional trails to add next year.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How is it I live in CO and didn't hear about the Summit? MY WIFE AND I WILL BE THERE next year, but when is it?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts