Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to get a rough idea of what will be happening each day at the Summit?
Really I need to know time/things on the first and last day as I will be 1/2 through my Continental Divide Trip and my wife is flying in/out of Montrose for the Summit. I really don't want to book her flight at a time when I need to be at registration/meeting/photo or something like that.
Even a rough idea like morning/mid-day/afternoon would help.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Registration was open during the entire first day last year, and there were no planned trail runs on that day (also supper was on your own). I checked into Ouray the night before (so I drove over Imogene Pass with a Taco and Jeep after registrating), but many arrived in Ouray on the first day. Last year was one day shorter (Registration was on Thursday, so the organized trails runs were only on Friday and Saturday)

The last day (Sunday) had a Mine Tour (breakfast) and Group Picture (over 100 FJ Cruisers) so folks could be on there way home before noon. I didn't want to face the weekend travel of people driving from the mountains to their homes along the front range, so I stayed Sunday in Ouray and drove home on Monday. This provided me with time to drive a couple more trails (California Gulch, Hurricane Pass, and Corkscrew) on Sunday after the Photo Op. Don't leave Ouray on Saturday and miss out on the Raffle. It is an event to behold.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts