Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although we make a fairly extensive lineup for the FJ Cruiser, we heard alot of great ideas from you guys at the Summit this year. Below is a list of the more common suggestions we heard throughout the 2012 FJ Summit. Please post up or send me a PM if you have any other ideas, comments, etc.

* Front bumper wing delete kits
* Complete skid plate package (radiator, trans, t-case, gas tank, rear axle, etc.)
* Backup camera relocation kit
* Swing away tire carrier
* Gas can holders for rear tire carrier
* Interior cargo netting

Thanks in advance for any ideas you guys send our way.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Although we make a fairly extensive lineup for the FJ Cruiser, we heard alot of great ideas from you guys at the Summit this year. Below is a list of the more common suggestions we heard throughout the 2012 FJ Summit. Please post up or send me a PM if you have any other ideas, comments, etc.

* Front bumper wing delete kits
* Complete skid plate package (radiator, trans, t-case, gas tank, rear axle, etc.)
* Backup camera relocation kit
* Swing away tire carrier
* Gas can holders for rear tire carrier
* Interior cargo netting

Thanks in advance for any ideas you guys send our way.
A canvas door cover for the tube doors would be the top of my list, I want to keep them on during winter!

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Eric, what's your current setup? That will make a big difference as to what you'll want to do next. As to things you can do to your FJ, I think the number is somewhere in the infinity minus one category.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
^ Eric is from Warrior Products, they are looking to provide the most requested products. His FJ is race ready!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A canvas door cover for the tube doors would be the top of my list, I want to keep them on during winter!
We could probably do something like that for the door itself, not sure about the window area though. I will make sure to bring this up to the head of our sewing department.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wider tube fender (flares), whatever you call it, to accommodate a 3.5" LT front axle setup without having to do fiberglass pseudo-fenders...
That is also something we could probably manage fairly easily. All it would require is adding the width to the CNC program that cuts out the top 'skins' and redoing the bends where the tube frames meet the body.

I will be meeting with our engineering team next week, I will make sure to bring this idea and any others I come across to the meeting. Thanks for the input, make sure to keep it coming everyone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ Eric is from Warrior Products, they are looking to provide the most requested products. His FJ is race ready!
Thanks for clarifying that. :cheers:

And yes the Warrior FJ is race ready. In fact, as some of you may know, it was used as a pre-runner in the 2011 Baja 1000, along with a handful of other desert race events.

Most recently the FJ was spotted at the BITD - Vegas to Reno race, where it pulled double duty as a pre-runner and chase rig. (Team WP racing came in 2nd for our class, in case anyone is interested.)

:ninja:

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
We could probably do something like that for the door itself, not sure about the window area though. I will make sure to bring this up to the head of our sewing department.
What you might not see on this DOPE 1922 Caddy is the bottom part of the snaps for the covers for bad weather, wish I would have had a pick as I was thinking this for the doors although most would not want to due that to their rig.

I was also hoping for a snorkel to work with your Tube fenders and for a drop in I wouldn't care if it matches up with the lines of the rack as long as it can support a decent load, just add more mounts than the others in the market.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What you might not see on this DOPE 1922 Caddy is the bottom part of the snaps for the covers for bad weather, wish I would have had a pick as I was thinking this for the doors although most would not want to due that to their rig.

I was also hoping for a snorkel to work with your Tube fenders and for a drop in I wouldn't care if it matches up with the lines of the rack as long as it can support a decent load, just add more mounts than the others in the market.
we have heard from a few people that the only thing keeping them for getting Warrior tube doors on their FJ is the difficulty of the install/removal. If/when we are able to redesign the doors to come on and off easier, we could probably figure out some sort of door coverings as well. As for the snorkel, I doubt if we would ever manufacture one. A drop in rack on the other hand, we already make, so a second design (potentially full length) is entirely possible.

Talking about snorkel - I wonder if your fenders will fit with the Safari snorkel???
I am not sure about the Safari Snorkel. I have been looking at pics online, but without test-fitting I could not say for certain. I can say that the Warrior tube fenders do not require you to cut the factory sheet metal. That may be something we try if we upgrade to a new FJ in the future.

·
Banned
9,090 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Another thing that I was thinking of was a universal mounting bracket for awnings, universal meaning many holes for trying to mount it level depending on your situation but for the stock roof rack. It would also need to take in the fact of the top bars being in more. It's not going to help me out as I'm going to rig it some how and hope for the best but I bet others who do not want to change out their stock would enjoy it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts