Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 13.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before heading South ( into the heat and sun) = looking for a solution: a) reduce the heat in the cabin when parked; b) privacy for sleeping in the rig.

There are a couple of alternatives:
1) Heatshield
2) SunShield
3) Eclipse

Feedback from those who have used any of these, or alternate solutions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Before heading South ( into the heat and sun) = looking for a solution: a) reduce the heat in the cabin when parked; b) privacy for sleeping in the rig.

There are a couple of alternatives:
1) Heatshield
2) SunShield
3) Eclipse

Feedback from those who have used any of these, or alternate solutions would be appreciated.

I use the heatshield. rolls up and out of the way when not in use and it does seem to help keep direct sun from the front of the windshield, of course there are the drivers and passengers windshield. I had those tinted and I'll see how that does this summer. I'm guessing anything helps.

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
I have not had #1 or #3 and can only say that the SunShield has worked perfectly. Fills up the entire windshield, rolls up and is secured with a velco strap. The wife and I each have one for our FJ's.

Pics of actual product in my rig:

PM if you have any questions. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Perfect fit w/Heatshield

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the eclipse that is designed specifically for the FJ at Dirty Parts in Culver City CA I love it. Works great at keeping the interior cooler and I love how when not in use, it just tucks away nicely into the mounts. If you want, I can take pix to show you how they look on my FJ. They're a bit more expensive, but I think they're worth it. The only thing the others may be better at is making it darker in the cab when in use.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Anyone know where I could buy one of these online. I live in AUS and we can't get anything for fj here yet. Thanks

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone know where I could buy one of these online. I live in AUS and we can't get anything for fj here yet. Thanks
AUS_FJ
Welcome aboard...
There are links imbedded in the original post - that you can use

Ex-pat originally from Camphill area....

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
I have the Eclipse version and they do work well. The good thing about these is that they are always in place and ready to use. They cover and retract in seconds and are great for frequent use. The only disadvantage is that when not in use and you leave them in the stored position it blocks a couple of inches of view next to the pillar. Not a big deal but that's the only downside for them. You can easily remove them and then you just have the 4 mounting tabs left there that do not really block your view at all. Cost was $45 delivered to my door and if I were in a sunny area I would leave them mounted all the time. I just use mine while camping because where I live there is no sun......

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ended up with the Heatshield. Fits like a glove. Reduces heat in the cabin and prying eyes...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts