Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't give it too much thought unitl yesterday, when it was nearly 90 degrees here in Louisiana. lol,lol, but where do you find a sun shade for an
F J? If my measuements are correct, they are 56 x 16? I got to find some-
thing soon. I've called everywhere! Any help would be greatly apprecitated!
Picked up my F J this past Saturday, Black Cherry, 2 Wheel Drive with most of the options and B package. I love it! But my only gripe is no storage? Or at least I haven't found it yet? But really cool SUV! No complaints in my 4 days of ownership. :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
karenljobe said:
... where do you find a sun shade for an
thing soon. I've called everywhere! Any help would be greatly apprecitated!...
There was thread posted by someone here that referred to this site:
http://www.canvasworks.com/main.html and then use the Order Heat Shield link.

I haven't ordered one yet but it's on my to do list (still waiting for the VIN # on the FJ on order) -- so sadly I can't speak to their quality first hand but they are supposed to be sized/cut to fit

hope that helps

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had to special order one from the dealer, which took about 2 days. If you go to the dealer you bought the FJ from you should get a discount on parts and accessories. Mine was about $20 with the discount and worth every penny. Good quality and fits perfectly.

·
Registered
236 Posts
karenljobe said:
I didn't give it too much thought unitl yesterday, when it was nearly 90 degrees here in Louisiana. lol,lol, but where do you find a sun shade for an
thing soon. I've called everywhere! Any help would be greatly apprecitated!
Picked up my F J this past Saturday, Black Cherry, 2 Wheel Drive with most of the options and B package. I love it! But my only gripe is no storage? Or at least I haven't found it yet? But really cool SUV! No complaints in my 4 days of ownership. :)
Go to Kmart or Wall Mart or Target etc... Get a big sunshade the ones for suv's and cut it to fit!
All you need to look for is the apropriate width.

·
Registered
163 Posts
huc said:
There was thread posted by someone here that referred to this site:
http://www.canvasworks.com/main.html and then use the Order Heat Shield link.

I haven't ordered one yet but it's on my to do list (still waiting for the VIN # on the FJ on order) -- so sadly I can't speak to their quality first hand but they are supposed to be sized/cut to fit

hope that helps
I ordered one a week ago. It showed up in 2 days, as promised and fits great.

Our experience has been that they are of the highest quality and will stand up to the desert sun for years.

Good Stuff!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
KTMRiderToo said:
I ordered one a week ago. It showed up in 2 days, as promised and fits great.

Our experience has been that they are of the highest quality and will stand up to the desert sun for years.

Good Stuff!
I just got one of these too, really nice. Perfect fit, is more $$ than a cut-to-fit one, but I feel it is worth it.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I've had HeatShield brand shades in the past and they are awesome. Placed my order today...will be here by first of next week. Order one...they are great.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:)
Received my "HeatShield" windshield reflector yesterday. Definitely worth the money! Fits perfect! Really reduces the heat inside FJ! It gets extremely hot here in Louisiana!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Where did you buy or what brand? We've been looking everywhere. PLEASE?
Vickiw,
Try here:
ebay
mine is a roll-up, others fold. Most are in the $35-$40 range, also Amazon or
Stucco
D :smile

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hi Vickiw, welcome from Ohio

This thread is pretty old and the commenters in it may no longer be active on the site.

The last poster ($7) is talking about cutting down a "universal" sunshade made of Reflectix.
If you want one that is already fitted check on these, though they are more expensive.

Note: Aug '19, Some of the search tools use cookies, you may have to re-run the search. Windshield is the same for all models/years.
WeatherTech $50
CarId $32-$67
The Original [Amazon] $40

Where did you buy or what brand? We've been looking everywhere. PLEASE?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I use Covercraft on my sports car, and more recently got one for the FJ. It blocks heat, is a great fit, and is easy to handle and fold quickly, since it's rigid. The 'con' is that it's not cheap.

CoverCraft FJ Cruiser Sun Shade

1 - 18 of 18 Posts