Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Living in New Mexico a sun shade is a must. Where does one find one that fits the FJ's short windshield?

Thanks
Rick

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responce!
Rick

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Here is a picture of the one have and it's perfect fit.

·
Registered
545 Posts
So, what's everyone using these days? The sun/heat is brutal in GA during this time of year and my truck is dark green.
"Heatshield" brand, bought it from the Toyota dealer for about about $25 - high quality, custom fit to the FJC, and rolls up nicely when not in use. Had it for over four years, used it almost daily, and still looks like new.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
"Heatshield" brand, bought it from the Toyota dealer for about about $25 - high quality, custom fit to the FJC, and rolls up nicely when not in use. Had it for over four years, used it almost daily, and still looks like new.
Same here, the Toyota dealers carry them (at least here in Texas).

Rick, if you can't find one, try contacting www.TRDParts4U.com here in Dallas, and get one shipped to ya.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah, that's what I went with given the good feedback from many here, but it definitely wasn't $25, more like $35 through the eBay Motors store.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yeah, that's what I went with given the good feedback from many here, but it definitely wasn't $25, more like $35 through the eBay Motors store.
Like I said, I bought mine over four years ago - I guess the price went up, because I know I paid like $24.95 for it.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
So, what's everyone using these days? The sun/heat is brutal in GA during this time of year and my truck is dark green.
Another Lebowski fan with an AG FJ in Atlanta? Far f**kin' out. I'm a Lewbowski, you're a Lebowski. My "The Dude Abides" sticker should be arriving next week so if you see an AG FJ with that sticker it's me

:cheers:

[/OffTopic]

·
Registered
243 Posts
Another Lebowski fan with an AG FJ in Atlanta? Far f**kin' out. I'm a Lewbowski, you're a Lebowski. My "The Dude Abides" sticker should be arriving next week so if you see an AG FJ with that sticker it's me

:cheers:

[/OffTopic]
HA HA, great stuff! I have an "Abide" sticker on my guitar case and got the shirt as well. ;)

·
Registered
545 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yep, me too! The Heat Shield is a bit pricey compared to what you see for generic shades at the local Wally World. But it works great and fits the FJ windshield like a glove!
I went with the Heat Shield and it works like a charm, keeps the FJ cool and fits like a glove. I'd say the only drawback is rolling it up, you kinda need to roll it out across the front seats, but it's not THAT big of a deal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.