Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that went to the Summit, we'd like to apologize for a few items that went missing at the end of the raffle. At the group picture on Sunday morning an additional raffle ticket was given to each person. That raffle will take place on this thread.

What's up for grabs? Some of you came to the Expeditioneers slide show at the Summit on Saturday afternoon. In that presentation they showed and talked about the Expeditioneers 1000 Through Baja expedition in January. That expedition was done in close coordination with a company called Baja Outdoors. They are an adventure company based out of Ensenada Mexico that specializes in taking patrons to some of the most beautiful and diverse areas along the Baja Coast. For seven days they traveled through several different ecosystems ranging from sea level and almost 100 degree temperatures to 10,000 feet and 10 degrees above zero. Due to adventures already planned for the next 12 months, Expeditioneers will not be putting together a Baja trip for next January, but Baja Outdoors has agreed to put together one and has donated five gift certificates worth $200 each towards one of the trips. And for those of you that haven't spent any time in Baja, that's about four days in a pretty nice hotel.

Below are a few photos from the presentation just to let you know what you're getting into, and if there are questions about the trip, we'll do our best to answer them in this thread.

And the winners are:

Please email me a picture of the winning ticket to [email protected] along with your mailing address and phone number. Once I recieve that email, I will contact you, as well as send you your prize !

Good luck everyone.

FJ Summit Team and Todd Pope from Expeditioneers

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
I would like some clarification.

You said that the prizes are "certificates worth $200 each towards one of the trips."

Then you said, "that's about four days in a pretty nice hotel."

I missed their presentation and have never been to their site or anything.
Also, I'm assuming we can't just use the certificate for whatever we want, and instead it is for this specific company's adventure services.

So, can you say how much a trip of the type you're talking about costs so we know what this gift certificate equals according to the trip cost?

Oh, and do the gift certificates have an expiration date?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
You said that the prizes are "certificates worth $200 each towards one of the trips."

Then you said, "that's about four days in a pretty nice hotel."
Sorry guys, the SAVINGS is about four days in a pretty nice hotel... in Mexico :)

I missed their presentation and have never been to their site or anything.
Also, I'm assuming we can't just use the certificate for whatever we want, and instead it is for this specific company's adventure services.

So, can you say how much a trip of the type you're talking about costs so we know what this gift certificate equals according to the trip cost?
You are correct. The gift certificates are good for any of the trips Baja Outdoors goes on. They were originally going to be just for a multi-day vehicle dependent expedition, but we talked them into opening it up to any of the adventures they put together. If the prize is just for one specific trip then some of you might not be able to redeem the gift certificates due to scheduling conflicts... which is what happened with some of the Expeditioneers gift certificates last year.

Oh, and do the gift certificates have an expiration date?
Yes. This is the legal from the gift certificates:

"$200 USD CERTIFICATE FOR ANY BAJA OUTDOORS ADVENTURE PACKAGE
Valid only on a Multi-Day Adventure Trip with a minimum cost of $1,150 USD and above. This certificate is not refundable for cash value or any other product with Baja Outdoors. Transferable only upon approval by Baja Outdoors. Expires July 1, 2010. For further information, please contact Baja Outdoors at: [email protected] or call +52 646-175-3570."

More questions? Keep 'em coming. I'll check back here daily to answer any new ones!

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
I did not win. I am crying my little red ticket eyes out. :(

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Yeah...me either.
What is the website address? The one that I come up with
is in espanol.

·
Registered
504 Posts
bummer, i was so close, just 2 off :( congratulations to the winners

·
Registered
872 Posts
Yeah...me either.
What is the website address? The one that I come up with
is in espanol.
The english version of their site is not up yet. Though they both speak very, very good English (I believe Antonio and his wife both lived in California) most of their clients are Spanish speaking.

·
Registered
48 Posts
UUUUHHHHGGGGG 2 away...

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Aloha Friday Bump!!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I too missed a winning number by only ONE.... so I hope ticket holder 181062 enjoys their trip.:cheers:

Ace

1 - 13 of 13 Posts