Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update: 25 miles of dirt road. Some small 4x4 trail, nothing great. Trail take about 3 1/2 hour to complete. Watch out for other drivers and Mtn bikers. Trail is 4x2 friendly and easy for a family outing.

Silverado Canyon to Blue Jay (Ortega 74 hwy) start time 9am at Silverado trail head by ranger station.

For more info go to Maple Springs Road - Dirtopia, the Off-Road Encyclopedia

All are welcome and 4x2 friendly. I am guessing about 3 hour trail time.

Bring a lunch.

PM me for my phone #

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I MIGHT be in. I've wanted to do that one. We have some out of town guests, and I might be able to talk them in to going along.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Man I so wanna do the Main Divide with you guys. But Sundays are always out of the question for me. I wanna do the whole 35 mile trip some day. Ortega to Corona or Corona to Ortega I heard is a beter way to do it. Damn!

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Man I so wanna do the Main Divide with you guys. But Sundays are always out of the question for me. I wanna do the whole 35 mile trip some day. Ortega to Corona or Corona to Ortega I heard is a beter way to do it. Damn!
The gate at Tin Mine Canyon (Corona) has been closed intermittently. They've put very large (uncrawlable) rocks that now block the gate's bypass. This is an FYI. I went up there last weekend with my son-in-law (Corona PD), the gate was locked so we called the Area Car to come over and open it for us and we ran the ridge over to Bedford Canyon (that comes down by Wyrick Road and the I-15). There is a lot of construction there and no gate, so if in doubt you might want to come down from the mountain there.

FYI Only-

I'm flying out of town for work Sunday AM early or I'd join you guys.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
The gate at Tin Mine Canyon (Corona) has been closed intermittently. They've put very large (uncrawlable) rocks that now block the gate's bypass. This is an FYI. I went up there last weekend with my son-in-law (Corona PD), the gate was locked so we called the Area Car to come over and open it for us and we ran the ridge over to Bedford Canyon (that comes down by Wyrick Road and the I-15). There is a lot of construction there and no gate, so if in doubt you might want to come down from the mountain there..

Thanks for the update Larry, I Guess I was a little off. I was thinking Main Divide to Blackstar Canyon Rd and exit where the 91/71 freeways are. I believe that is usually open most of the time even with the new house construction going on right there as I have been told.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info UPHILL and ACE.

How about Silverado Cyn to Blue Jay. Anyone in?

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
i might bring my silverado rental truck on sunday if we do silverado to ortega. maybe though

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
id go but im finally picking up some Rear OME shocks!! sick and tired of puttin around with the stock rear schocks and 3" ome coils.. ugh.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i might bring my silverado rental truck on sunday if we do silverado to ortega. maybe though
I loved to see ya hauling and sliding around corners in the rental.

·
Registered
302 Posts
i hate to be asking again, but are there bypasses on the trail that a 2wd can tackle?

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
it would be the first time ive had a rental up there :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
zyoshii, the whole trail is 2wd friendly. there are only a few 4wd off shoots.

·
Registered
302 Posts
sweet! tell me where to meet and i'm there!

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
well, looks like me and the girlfriend have a prior engagement for sunday so i wont be able to make it. you guys have fun and be safe.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
I only have 700miles on my ride.. prolly not a good idea for a run, before break-in?
my truck had ~150 miles on it when it first hit the dirt:cowsmile:

as our shadow-warrior friend says: take it out and play with it!

and you have to break it in off road sometime too, right?

·
Registered
779 Posts
my truck had ~150 miles on it when it first hit the dirt:cowsmile:

as our shadow-warrior friend says: take it out and play with it!

and you have to break it in off road sometime too, right?
bloody hell mud! i was going to say we had 380 miles when we hit the dirt...BUT you came in and beat me to it AND at just 150 miles! makes me feel bad i wasted 200+ miles on the road LOL

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bump.

Silverado Canyon to Blue Jay (Ortega 74 hwy) start time 9am at Silverado trail head by ranger station.

For more info go to Maple Springs Road - Dirtopia, the Off-Road Encyclopedia

All are welcome and 4x2 friendly. I am guessing about 3 hour trail time.

Bring a lunch.

PM me for my phone #

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update: 25 miles of dirt road. Some small 4x4 trail, nothing great. Trail take about 3 1/2 hour to complete. Watch out for other drivers and Mtn bikers. Trail is 4x2 friendly and easy for a family outing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts