Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,355 Posts
what happened to the back? lol. I like the roof...they could do it Mercedes Benz ML -style and make it full of small folding panels.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bostonian1976 said:
what happened to the back? lol. I like the roof...they could do it Mercedes Benz ML -style and make it full of small folding panels.....

lol - I was thinking of a removeable back section and front roof. That way, it could be a fold down rear gate and you could cruise with either or both removed. :D

Small folding panels would be cool...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,355 Posts
smartdog said:
lol - I was thinking of a removeable back section and front roof. That way, it could be a fold down rear gate and you could cruise with either or both removed. :D

Small folding panels would be cool...

it's the ONE thing that truck has going for it.....

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Bostonian1976 said:
it's the ONE thing that truck has going for it.....


THAT'S IT!!!!!! That is the look. That would really complete the FJ and sell very well in sunny places like Cally and Floridia. After all, anyone that gets an FJ wants to be seen in it when the weather is nice.

Can someone do a photoshop on the FJ to make it look like that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
That would be very cool, if it doesn't leak. Very cheap too, only $3K(in '99).

A new option for 1999 is huge sunroof called the Power Skyview Top. It folds back like an accordion revealing a roof opening that stretches from front to back seat passengers. Just plunk down $2,990, and it's yours!
http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/99ml430.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Well, staying in line with the Skyroof idea, why not a partial or full SUT, or partial or full rag top?? Some of the old Landcruiser trucks are wicked cool, as are the early 4Runners.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,031 Posts
I'd like to find a place that could remove a section of the roof from mine and turn it into a sealed panel with latches, that is only removable from the inside, and could be stowed in the cargo bay. I don't want any glass up there, just open air. Is that technically feasible?
(Got my flack jacket strapped on.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,281 Posts
I know everyone wants a sunroof, but I just don't think it is doable with the doors. As there is not 'B' pilar, I think they need extra bracing in the roof, a la the Honda Element. You will notice it has a sunfoof back in the cargo area, but none up front...

--Bill
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top