Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a sunroof into their FJ with the CRAWL control panel on the ceiling/roof intact? Did it fit alright? Room? Gotta pic?

Just a wonderin...

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
958 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for the necropost but this question hasnt been answered and I really want a sunroof on my TT.

In the new FJs, CRAWL control is mounted on the center ceiling just behind the rear view mirror. The OP is asking if anyone installed a sunroof into their FJ "with the CRAWL control panel on the ceiling/roof intact?"

·
Registered
92 Posts
As far as is it possible, absolutely. Any decent custom shop that would also install a sunroof could easily move the crawl panel forward a few inches if needed. The crawl panel itself has a wired plug connection behind it, that will have slack to move forward without an issue. It’s mounted with plastic clips to a metal panel that’s mounted under the headliner between the rails. As far back as the mounting plate is, it looks to easily be modified and moved foward a few inches. Then the headliner patched and re wrapped. Which would have to be done anyway once the sunroof was cut. As far as any pictures, unfortunately I couldn’t find any myself. But it’s definitely possible. The only thing I could see as a possible cosmetic issue, is if the panel has to be moved further forward than a few inches the visors might lay over the very edge of it. A few links from here that kinda give you an idea of what’s underneath, or sunroofs members have installed.
Just be aware, adding a sunroof could lower your resale later too. As the roof is a structural member of the vehicle. Personally I’d love a sunroof myself, but can’t bring myself to cutting my TT, lol.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would never personally install an aftermarket sunroof in anything, and actually prefer not to have one, all else being equal....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts