Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always felt that the FJ needs a sunroof option. I read the thread on the self-install, but somehow can't bring myself to risk mucking up the top of my vehicle with a wayward cut with a jigsaw.

I get it back tomorrow after lunch.

Just in time for the Cotton Bowl !

Go Tigers !

·
Registered
954 Posts
Who are you having do the install? I am in the NOLA area and have considered having one put in eventually, but I can't find much info on installers in the area. Driving to Baton Rouge would not be a problem if you have a recomendation of a shop that does good work.

·
Registered
832 Posts
If it was like $500-600, I'd pay. I'm imagining a paid installation is at least $1000. A DIY install of $150-200 or so, is hard to beat.

I want one...having trouble getting used to my side visors overlapping, however.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in Baton Rouge - Tops Unlimited did the work.

Cost $1200.00.

It is programmable (like a garage door opener).

I love it ! I can't for the life of me understand why FJ Cruisers don't come with this option.

I will post up pics as soon as I can and include the brand name as well.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the one !!!!

I got the 700 series. One of the cool features: Three minutes after you turn your key off, it closes itself.

It is awesome - I'm telling you, if you have $1200 burning a hole in your pocket, this is a great upgrade to your FJ.

I'll get pics uploaded as soon as I can.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I'm in Baton Rouge - Tops Unlimited did the work.

Cost $1200.00.

It is programmable (like a garage door opener).

I love it ! I can't for the life of me understand why FJ Cruisers don't come with this option.

I will post up pics as soon as I can and include the brand name as well.
I will have to check them out. This is definately on my list of things to do. I am hoping a sunroof, tube doors, and freedom windows will do alot to open the FJ up in the warmer months. Now I just have to figure out how to pay for all of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts