Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some member's pics with a panoramic type sunroof installed.

First off, what kind is that and what have your longer term impressions been?

Secondly, anyone in Chicago do that type of work?

I'm new to the modding bug, so I have to start somewhere... well... after I install my SS kit this weekend.

:cheers:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would do it in a heartbeat if I could find somebody that is comfortable with it that I trust! I called Riggs Bros and they refused to touch it, telling me that it is not structurally sound to put anything that large into an FJ.

I would guess that if we had 3 or more of us we could get a pretty good deal somewhere. I call dibbs on going last!

Please let me know if anyone is interested and we can all take a ride out to Bolingbrook to check them out. If nothing else we can grab a beer at Gordon Biersch! :cheers:

Nikko

·
Registered
274 Posts
You should have told me, I would have offered you a homebrew yesterday!

I was thinking about this too and the one in Bolingbrook is a certified Webasto Dealer.

If you get it done, you should let me know how it turns out, because I got approval from the warden that I could get one if we get enough $$$ from the suckers at the wedding.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hello all, I wanted to share some information and a recent visit with Bob at Restyling Concepts.

Very busy man, but took the time to look at my FJ. He claims his company does over 400 sunroofs yearly, however he has not done an FJ install of the Webasto 524 Panoramic Sunroof. He also went on to say that he hasn't done the Webasto 524 in a while due to wind and rattle noise issues and tried to sell me on a standard sliding sunroof. I was surprised to hear him speak so--I was not convinced of his comfort level with the FJ or his product. I brought my laptop and volunteered to show him a number of pictures on successful installs, but he wasn't interested to look at them. In all fairness, I would feel the same way not having done an FJ before.

I still encourage you to seek out information, share your opinions-positive or negative. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I am sure there are other installers in the Chicagoland area that we haven't heard about.

I, much like yourselves consider a sunroof a high ticket, high dollar upgrade and am looking for the best confident installer with great customer service follow up if there is a problem.

Until then, I will continue to research and post any new information.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts