Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sat in one at the auto show. Love the truck. But, it is missing a Sunroof, moonroof or just a fixed window on top like in the Element.

Other than that, I'm planning to get one at the end of the year.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Bostonian1976 said:
and then I'll be kicking myself because I love to have a sunroof:rolleyes:

I know...I know...me wanty so bad

I have a photoshop that I am working on that is a concept for a sunroof. Wanna see it? :rolleyes:

Whats yer email...?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Per the L.A. Times article http://www.latimes.com/classified/automotive/highway1/?track=hpleftnav-highway1

"Our test car was pretty well equipped, including the "Fjammer" premium audio system with a 7.9-inch powered subwoofer in the cargo hold. This system also uses a pair of NXT SurfaceSound transducers that turn the truck's ceiling into a speaker diaphragm. Great. Now my hair can have a headache."

No sunroof If it's indeed true, that the ceiling is a speaker diaphragm

·
Registered
982 Posts
coloradolc said:
Per the L.A. Times article http://www.latimes.com/classified/automotive/highway1/?track=hpleftnav-highway1

"Our test car was pretty well equipped, including the "Fjammer" premium audio system with a 7.9-inch powered subwoofer in the cargo hold. This system also uses a pair of NXT SurfaceSound transducers that turn the truck's ceiling into a speaker diaphragm. Great. Now my hair can have a headache."

No sunroof If it's indeed true, that the ceiling is a speaker diaphragm
Well at least if she (the FJ) has a diaphragm you don't have to worry about it getting pregnant and spewing out little FJ's.....

Oh! Maybe that's a bad thing. Yep, I'll vote for sunroof - prefer moonroofs actually.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
JohnGalt said:
Well at least if she (the FJ) has a diaphragm you don't have to worry about it getting pregnant and spewing out little FJ's.....

Oh! Maybe that's a bad thing. Yep, I'll vote for sunroof - prefer moonroofs actually.

does that mean you'll be humping your FJ or that another MALE (not black cherry) FJ will come along.....?

...I"d deal w/ not having flat speakers if it meant a giant, Mini-style sunroof on top....

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Bostonian1976 said:
does that mean you'll be humping your FJ or that another MALE (not black cherry) FJ will come along.....?

...I"d deal w/ not having flat speakers if it meant a giant, Mini-style sunroof on top....
**** the speakers AND the sunroof. i want a freakin turret up top,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bostonian1976 said:
Exactly! My buddy has a Mini Cooper S and the sunroof for the front and back is just about perfect for that car. It even has a sunshade for both that works great.

How much more would that cost?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
smartdog said:
I know...I know...me wanty so bad

I have a photoshop that I am working on that is a concept for a sunroof. Wanna see it? :rolleyes:

Whats yer email...?

Can you post the pic here?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Nice work smartdog, but Webasto has already beat you too it. No concept phase required. Here's one of their commercial products already available that's got two sheets of glass and a big ass opening, large enough to mount a turret or eject unwanted rear seat passengers if they don't agree with your political opinions. Sorry to use a photo of the Element but it has a ribbed roof similar to the FJC, which might be an issue for some installaters.

I've found an installer here in Houston through Webasto's website. They've been around a while and are interested in looking at the FJC. I'm just not sure yet if I want a big ass hole cut into my new FJC roof. Maybe.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Here's two Webasto products on the same H2 roof. Still not wide enough for you probably. They say the two glass panels in the GrandView product are 30"x27" and it's "the largest aftermarket sunroof available." You really just need a soft top don't you.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
still too narrow. that would be good for the person sitting in the center of the back seat, but everyone else would have a roof over their head lol. it's like that slit in the new Maxima's roof. the ML Mercedes had the Skyroof, and that is a really great idea...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bostonian1976 said:
still too narrow. that would be good for the person sitting in the center of the back seat, but everyone else would have a roof over their head lol. it's like that slit in the new Maxima's roof. the ML Mercedes had the Skyroof, and that is a really great idea...
Right the Skyroof would be perfect. Wide and can bunch up under the roof rack when its opened all the way.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts