Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
forgive me, but those batteries dont go in that flashlight? or if they do, whats the battery 'holster' for?
The light does use the D cell batteries pictured. They are just in a "battery caddy" as pictured below. I just got them to keep the batteries grouped together in a clean manner.

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Pelican flash lights. Nuf' said. They have a flash light for nearly every need. From home use to out doorsman, to emergency rescue. Been using there 7060 model and can't be beat for the money.

I don't care how bright the sucker is, but spending $700 for a flash light is rediculous. I can understanding wanting a good flash light, but for that price you can have your intire vehicle outfitted with survival gear.
I had three Pelican lights. All of them had bad switch design and failed out of the box. They need to stick to dive lights and cases. :cowfrown:

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I have been looking for high powered flashlights for some time now and it seems like there is a ton on the market right now. I like finding the tools that are quality but don't have the price tags of some of the other companies.

Last week I was in a local gun shop here in NH and the owner had some Redline flashlights by NEBO on the counter. He said when he first got them in he picked up the 220 lumen Redline and keeps it in his boat and has yet to change the batteries after a year of use. I picked up the 330 lumen model just to test out since it was only $49 and to be completely honest, I think its great. I have never used a surefire or streamlight or any of the big name brands so my opinion is rather uneducated but for the money I would like to see someone with the big name brands check one out to see what they think.

5 settings from 100% 50% and 10% along with SOS and Strobe with a focusing lens.

http://www.nebotools.com/prod_details.php?id=193&cid=26

I figured for $50 you can't really go wrong. I have no complaints. it came with a wrist strap and an extra set of batteries.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
I've got several of these Pelican lights in both the newer and older versions. We used them at work. They are only 45 lumen, but are pretty bright and the 4 AA alkaline batteries last about 4 hours. Uses a xenon bulb.

I also have a couple of these Streamlight headlamps which we also used. They feature 1 xenon bulb, 1 led, or 3 led in 12, 9, or 24 lumen. Run time up to 150 hours on 1 led. Head strap and 90* tilting head. Very handy.

We were given one of these Streamlight Task series as a safety award. They run on 3 AA alkaline batteries and have a run time up to 16 hours with 95 lumen out of 1 led. Nice handy light.

I picked up one of the older versions of these several years ago. Tikka plus I think is the name, the picture is of the Tikka 2 plus. Nice light weight and runs on 2 AAA batteries and has a couple of led settings. I don't remember the lumen but it is fairly bright. Only problem is the case doesn't want to stay closed and it pops open letting the batteries fall loose sometimes. Has red, blue, and green lens with it. I use it basically as a back up for emergencies as I have a little case that keeps it all together.

I have a Maglight metal D cell sized rechargeable flashlight with a halogen bulb that is bright but doesn't last long. I also have 2 of the 3 D cell Maglights that use regular batteries. Not real bright and short life. All of these can be used as a weapon as they are quite heavy. They are also bulky and get really cold or hot depending on the season as they are metal. I have them stored away and don't use them now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Olight M30 is a great deal much cheaper then $700.00 I picked one up brand new on ebay for $89.95 it has 700 lumen which is one bright a$$ light

·
Premium Member
165 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
check out the 4100 lumens flashlight from wicked lasers... would be good to use in a pinch, but not too practical.

My dads sort of a prepper and I bought him one for his birthday

·
A-Team Moderator
8,006 Posts
101 - 111 of 111 Posts