Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all

just wanted to know what is the best 2 gauges for a supercharger, boost and what else,......oil presure or oil temp?

thanks for you help

·
Registered
422 Posts
I would be concerned about all of my temps. I am going to install the URD Rotrex and am installing seprate OIl,Tranny,and water temp guages. More power ,more heat.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
I would be concerned about all of my temps. I am going to install the URD Rotrex and am installing seprate OIl,Tranny,and water temp guages. More power ,more heat.
Nice, now you will be able to get that big rig of yours over 60mph! I look forward to seeing it in action again at summit.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, ill register and check it out

·
Registered
4,894 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
From my experiences, back in the day, my next choice after boost would be exhaust temp. This is about the best way to monitor your a/f ratio next to a lambda meter and it costs far less.

·
Registered
394 Posts
How are you determining the air/fuel ratio from the exhaust temperature?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Because it's telling you how hot your exhaust is, which is in direct correlation to how much fuel is in your mixture. It's not gonna give you an actual a/f ratio, but neither is one of those $50 Autometer A/F Ratio gauges that you plug into your existing O2 sensor.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I would only install the Boost Gauge.

The TRD supercharger in stock form doesn't put out very much boost, so most of the aftermarket gauges wouldn't show the boost range very well, so I'd stick with a TRD one for a scion.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so your saying buy a trd boost gauge for a scion?

and once again thanks for everyone's help

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
If you get a mechanical gauge, you will need one that doesn't go too high. The TRD one goes to 10, so it works well with stock TRD SC. Here is a pic of one:
Boost gauge thread - XR-Underground

If you go electrical, then it doesn't matter, buy the one you like the best.

The best place I've found so far for TRD SC info is the x-runner forum. Do a search with boost gauge in the title, and you will get pages of info.
F/I Mods & Tuning - XR-Underground

so your saying buy a trd boost gauge for a scion?

and once again thanks for everyone's help

·
Vendor
542 Posts
URD has the slickest way to mount gauges in your FJ.

It is the FlexPod that takes about 40 seconds to install. It attaches to the existing screws in your steering column and the gauges are perfectly positioned and out of the way at the same time.

Underdog Racing Development

The most popular gauge package that we offer is the PLX iMFD gauges. These are little OLED (organic LED, Like LCD but better) and can be configured to displayed anything you want like boost, AFR and so on. A single iMFD gauge can display up to 32 different inputs or 4 at one time on a single gauge. This is done by adding different sensor modules. So if you want to see boost and AFR you install one iMFD and a SM-Vac/Boost module and a SM-AFR module.

This is the slickest setup going.

G

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks and i do like that pod, wish you would have posted earlyer i would have picked one up but i just bot somthing simmilar from perrin hopfully it looks as well as yours

1 - 17 of 17 Posts