Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am really wondering what it's like to have all that HP. How does it effect your off road ability, what sort of MPG did you suffer or gain.
Very curious, Thanks

BirdMan

·
Registered
204 Posts
My mileage stayed the same 17mpg but you have to use premium gas which sucks. As far as off road I have not done much,other than some dirt trails.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I drove the Trail Teams Tacoma that had the 'charger. In 4LO and in 1st or 2nd gear, I felt no problems off-roading. There was a surge (read: a jerking motion) in 1st, but that was probably due to the TC being in LO. I never got on it because of the trail we were on.

I got out of the Taco at the end of the street to make sure my fiance got my FJ back in 2HI before we hit the asphalt. I did ask the TT's if we could do a big smokey burnout and he said no, but it had been done.

If I had the cash, I would get one. The supercharger has very predictable power and seems to have great manners.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
i tried to get an honest opinion out of air2air at the kitty trip meet. but being as humble as he is, i only got as much as its a good way to burn some fuel.

it looks like a bunch of fun and i have been considering one since they came out. it will be much more of a reality once i lift my FJ. my concerns are with warranty coverage with an installed supercharger.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
With my back messed up and probably heading to surgery I may get the supercharger before the lift. It is tough getting in and out of the FJ now. A 3" lift would make it worse but if I added HP it would not have any effect.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
:rofl:
With my back messed up and probably heading to surgery I may get the supercharger before the lift. It is tough getting in and out of the FJ now. A 3" lift would make it worse but if I added HP it would not have any effect.
Actually, it may even help your back :cheers:

With the FJ having more power, it will accelerate quicker, this will require you to use your abdominal muscles to keep you from flying back into your seat so much. Stronger abdominals will help back problems. You should talk to your doctor and see if you can get a prescription for a supercharger and get your insurance to help you pay for it :rofl:

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks every one for the input. And to 6mmfj sorry about the back dude, but don't let it keep you from lifting. I have a 3" lift and I am 4 fingers above the belly button paraplegic. It is easier for me to get in after the lift.

BirdMan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts